Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I like Anna better with Claire. I don't think a nn has to be a shortened version of a name. In Spanish a nn for Ana is Anita- which is obviously a similar situation as Anna/Annie.
    My darling little Bean is a G I R L!
    Making her debut September 2014

Thanks everyone! I'm definitely warming up to the name Anna. It seems to be the most popular choice! Maybe if I meet her I will know for sure. I agree that Anna does go well with Claire. And you have helped me feel better about using Annie as a nn with Anna. I'm still a little concerned about it, but maybe I will just know when the time comes. Maybe she won't look like an Annie at all! I do know a 30 year old Annie (full name Annie) that carries it off well. I feel like I do need to give her a more formal name, as I don't think everyone can pull that off. Thank you very much for the advice so far! I'll take any more opinions as well

I would use Anne Charlotte.

With an older sister named Claire Elise, I would choose Anna Charlotte. Claire and Anna nn Annie would be lovely together.
    All the best,
    Mischa.

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    For what it's worth, with Claire, I'd definitely go Anna. Both are simple, elegant, and ladylike. Beautiful choices!
    I second this!