Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    The only names on here that I've almost ALWAYS gotten negative responses to are:
    Alaska - So a pageant girl is named this, so? I'm sure there's pageant girls names Emily, Sophia and Isabella too
    Brooke - It's dated, apparently
    Fallon - Masculine, ugly and white-rrash have been some of my favorites
    Heather - Also dated
    Julie - "Why on Earth would you give your child a nickname when the beautiful Julia exists"? Erm, cause I like it?
    Mckinley
    Meadow
    October
    Sailor/Saylor - Don't even get me started...
    Sunday
    Wendy
    Curran
    Mark - I had someone ask me why I was even on this site if I was considering using such a boring and unimaginative name. Erm, ok.

listography.com/JessicaRoseSays

Alexander Owen ~ Patrick Thomas ~ Jeremy Shea ~ Nolan Jack ~ Conor Arlo ~ Evan Daniel ~ Samuel Mark
    Nora ~ Claire ~ Stella ~ Maura ~ Madeleine ~ Violet ~ Victoria ~ Ava ~ Gabrielle ~ Leah ~ Soleil

I actually really like a lot of the names on this list. Pandora, Skye, and Eira especially.

I can only think of a few-
    Donovan- SO can't get past the football player association
    Samuel- He says it sounds like "a mule".
    Girls:
    Brenna, Coraline, Cordelia, Elodie, Francesca, Gianna, Helena, Ingrid, Margaret, Marilyn

Boys:
    Alaric, Griffon, Ivan, Joesph, Kenneth, Lucian, Nero, Orion, Phillip, Samson

I had a great childhood friend called 'Sky' - nothing but positive feelings for the name but if you're going to go hippy my policy is 'go hard or go home', omit the 'e'

Ariadne - ugly/impossible to pronounce, no one can spell it, WTH?
    Hermione - for obvious Harry Potter associations (I love Harry Potter but it's a pity such a lovely name was sacrificed at the altar of popular culture, that said, before Harry Potter no one would have been able to pronounce or spell it...)
    Thomasina - "You just put 'ina' on the end of a boy's name, give her a proper girl name" - few feminine versions of masculine names have escaped the purge of the last century, though there's still Georgina and Roberta which I feel will come back in force, and let's not forget Nigella...
    Lorelei - Gilmore Girls or some such, never watched it... Also, a more generalised fear of Germans? (at least from my partner)

Ender - "Like Ender's Game?" - Yes, so what?
    Turing - "Like that gay guy who did the stuff with computers?" - Like...that genius who helped save his country and was still shat on from a great height subsequently just because he was gay...why yes (I like tribute names)
    Wilde - "Like that gay guy...didn't he write plays?" - Like that awesome...etc, you get the point (I like tribute names)
    Lysander - "Isn't that from Shakespeare or some crap?" - Yes, yes it is... *sigh*

There are so many names that my family thinks I am crazy for liking. Some of them may not be super common, but some of them are perfectly "normal" names.

Girls:
    Olive
    Lucia
    Fiona

Boys:
    Atticus
    Cedric
    Thaddeus
    Phineas
    Leif
    Silas
    Milo
    Amos
    Titus
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States

I feel most of my favorites are mostly well-liked, Cordelia, Matilda, Beatrix, Penelope, Zinnia, even Ramona, to an extent.

However, even name-nerds dont seem to like Allegra, Justine, Justina and Maxine. For boys, maybe Roland fits here.
    Last edited by mei_mei; July 7th, 2013 at 11:00 PM.
    Melissa, Mama to Oscar Leopold.

http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9653103