Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by resaandmo View Post
    I think Ian works best on it's own,though Florian nn Ian could work. Ianto is intriguing,but a little too complicated for the vast majority of Americans. Maybe as a middle name?
    That's what I had originally been thinking--I liked the idea of Ianto as a MN if I ever used it. But with my new-found love for Ian, I was thinking maybe I should just opt for Ianto nn Ian, but I don't think I'm brave enough for it. Plus, I feel like Ianto really sticks out next to Caleb, Everett, Asher, Jack, Gray, Avery, Samuel, Charlie, etc. I think I'll probably just stick to Ian. It's what I really love, and it's not like it's really a nn or anything. Now to find a MN!
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Okay, how about:

Ian Jasper
    Ian Jonathan
    Ian Jameson
    Ian Joseph
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Anna Josephine, Caroline Grace, James Frederick, Luke Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by kellymarie1992 View Post
    I never seen the pronunciation you said. - In Wales and in the Welsh Language Ianto is said Yan-to. So the EE is wrong I can see where you get it from because Ian is said EE-an. So people would atomatically assume it's said the same as Ian but it's not.
    Yeah... that's what I was saying? I was correcting the other girl... Read my post again
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I think Ian is a great name! I'm a substitute teacher and I rarely hear it (there are other names on your list that hear much more often - Caleb, Jack, even Zane), so I doubt your son would be surrounded by other little Ians in school. I think Ianto is a little too out-there to use in the US. Plus, if it's the Welsh diminutive of Ian, that means you'd be naming him a nickname so you could call him by the full name for short. Kind of silly IMO.