Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    3. I've only heard Ianto pron. Ee-AN-toe, so that's how I pronounce it. It reminds me of a character from the show Torchwood, which is a good association for me. I quite like it actually, and I don't think it's too out there.[/I]
    They said it as 'yahn-toe' on Torchwood. If there was an 'ee' sound at the beginning it was so slight it was barely audible.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Hi Ash! I love Ian on its own - I love the Celtic "flavor" and its history. How about Ian Charles?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Classics: Anna & Catherine, Caroline & Emily;
    Benjamin & Elliot, James & Luke
    Celtic flair: Annabel & Maeve; Evan & Kyle, Liam & Patrick
    French: Celeste, Charlotte & Claire
    Short & Sweet: Eve & Jane, Grace & Rose; Jack & Leo

Quote Originally Posted by kyemsma View Post
    Hi Ash! I love Ian on its own - I love the Celtic "flavor" and its history. How about Ian Charles?
    I do like Charles! My mom always dreamed of having a little Charlie, but my dad hated it, so she never got one. So I'm quite happy about the prospect of giving her a little Charlie, but I already have Everett Joshua Charles, Bailey Oscar Charles/Bailey Elias Charles, and Charles _____ _____ "Charlie" on my list already, so I feel like Ian Charles would be a bit excessive.

I like the idea of Ian James, but the semi-filler James isn't usually my style, and I have no clue what I'd pair it with. I had thought maybe another "J" name, but I can't really think of anything else I like.
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    They said it as 'yahn-toe' on Torchwood. If there was an 'ee' sound at the beginning it was so slight it was barely audible.
    I never seen the pronunciation you said. - In Wales and in the Welsh Language Ianto is said Yan-to. So the EE is wrong I can see where you get it from because Ian is said EE-an. So people would atomatically assume it's said the same as Ian but it's not.

I think Ian works best on it's own,though Florian nn Ian could work. Ianto is intriguing,but a little too complicated for the vast majority of Americans. Maybe as a middle name?
    Teenaged name nerd who enjoys reading,karate,and getting together with her crazy cousins for a fiesta!

Some of my faves-

*Everett Florian Valentin* *Rosalie Nightingale Yvaine * Lucy Christiana Iris * Ezra Leopold Efrain * Jessamine Flora Willow*
    *Helena Felicity Jolie*

Guilty Pleasures-
    Bartolommeo & Calliope