Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by greyer View Post
    3. I've only heard Ianto pron. Ee-AN-toe, so that's how I pronounce it. It reminds me of a character from the show Torchwood, which is a good association for me. I quite like it actually, and I don't think it's too out there.[/I]
    They said it as 'yahn-toe' on Torchwood. If there was an 'ee' sound at the beginning it was so slight it was barely audible.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Hi Ash! I love Ian on its own - I love the Celtic "flavor" and its history. How about Ian Charles?
    From our ancestors come our names, but from our virtues our honors. ~ Proverb

Caroline Grace, Luke Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by kyemsma View Post
    Hi Ash! I love Ian on its own - I love the Celtic "flavor" and its history. How about Ian Charles?
    I do like Charles! My mom always dreamed of having a little Charlie, but my dad hated it, so she never got one. So I'm quite happy about the prospect of giving her a little Charlie, but I already have Everett Joshua Charles, Bailey Oscar Charles/Bailey Elias Charles, and Charles _____ _____ "Charlie" on my list already, so I feel like Ian Charles would be a bit excessive.

I like the idea of Ian James, but the semi-filler James isn't usually my style, and I have no clue what I'd pair it with. I had thought maybe another "J" name, but I can't really think of anything else I like.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    They said it as 'yahn-toe' on Torchwood. If there was an 'ee' sound at the beginning it was so slight it was barely audible.
    I never seen the pronunciation you said. - In Wales and in the Welsh Language Ianto is said Yan-to. So the EE is wrong I can see where you get it from because Ian is said EE-an. So people would atomatically assume it's said the same as Ian but it's not.

I think Ian works best on it's own,though Florian nn Ian could work. Ianto is intriguing,but a little too complicated for the vast majority of Americans. Maybe as a middle name?
    Teenaged name nerd who enjoys reading,karate,and getting together with her crazy cousins for a fiesta!

Some of my faves-

*Everett Florian Valentin* *Rosalie Nightingale Yvaine * Lucy Christiana Iris * Ezra Leopold Efrain * Jessamine Flora Willow*
    *Helena Felicity Jolie*

Guilty Pleasures-
    Bartolommeo & Calliope