Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by periwinkleblue View Post
    For the sisters' virtue names, if they're unpleasant characters, the easiest way to make them meaningful is to make their names ironic. For example, Charity. Maybe she hates poor people and considers them stupid, or something, making her anything BUT charitable. Or maybe she IS charitable, but thinks her generosity toward the less fortunate gives her a right to be a terrible person otherwise. Or maybe she's neutral on the charity continuum, but she's a habitual liar, so it's a good thing their parents didn't name her Verity! They saved that for their next daughter, who really is honest, to the point where she blatantly insults others in the name of being truthful, when really she just likes getting people riled up. As long as it's not too heavy-handed, it could work.
    Virtue names are more commonly considered feminine, but male virtue names aren't unheard of, if you want to add brothers. I know Nameberry has a list somewhere that has a few boys' names. No idea on the father and Beast, though.
    Hope something sticks! Sorry my ideas aren't as awesome as that cool list. O.o I'm totally going to end up stealing some names from there myself.
    Ooooohhhh my gosh I have problems. WHY didn't I think of this. Okay, brainfart over on sisters...
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

Well, comparitively, I have no great, big, brilliant ideas or super long lists of my own. I'm pretty much useless when it comes to this question. Though I agree, I'll definitely be stealing some names of that list.
    For the father, I was thinking something more like Barnabas, although I have no clue why.
    here's a link to a page that will show you names that literally mean brother or sister:
    http://www.20000-names.com/brother_n...ster_names.htm
    And here's a link for character trait names:
    http://www.20000-names.com/character_trait_names.htm

Hope that helped!
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski