Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Yeah, so you can see my problem, but I like a lot of the combos suggested! One of the big things is that my first son is Brian, so there's something to be said for not going too unusual, like naming one kid John and the other Moonbeam.

The issue with Oz is that I really like it, but don't like most of the names that lend themselves to the Oz nickname. Ozyus is kind of cool though, I'll have to look that one up.

I do really like Calix, and I can see why others might find it feminine, but I'm ok with that. I do agree that Frost, etc. would be better suited to middle names, especially since my first has a sort of nature-y middle name (though it was the English version of Zev, so the intent was different.)

If anyone has other name suggestions, that would be good. I do also like Cassius, but I'm not sure if it's a little pretentious. It could be shortened to Cash?

Here's one of my favorite lists. It has the right balance of creative without being too odd.

http://nameberry.com/blog/sweet-spot...d-standing-out

It might be a bit of a stretch, but what about Oisin nn Oz?

The only ones that really work with Brian are Cormac and Roman…The rest of your list all make exceptional middles, but particularly Winter, Frost, North, Destry, Rowan, and Bayard. I do love Romulus, but it doesn't flow as a middle, and it clashes with Brian as a first

Some other firsts that may appeal to you, and meld a little better with Brian:
    Conan – this could be a problem though, a la Conan O'Brien >_>
    Declan
    Remus
    Magnus
    Owen
    Patrick
    Duncan
    Liam
    Marius
    Lorcan
    Vincent
    August
    Vaughn
    Levi
    Julius
    Donovan
    Griffin
    Lucius
    Angus
    Felix
    Justus

Some combo ideas off the top of my head:
    Brian Wolf and August Bayard
    Brian Wolf and Roman Oisin – not the best stylistic match, but I couldn't resist!
    Brian Wolf and Patrick North
    Brian Wolf and Owen Destry
    Brian Wolf and Cormac Rowan
    Brian Wolf and Felix Winter
    Brian Wolf and Griffin North
    Brian Wolf and Lucius Rowan
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

I like Cormac and Roman.

Quote Originally Posted by nematocyst View Post
    I'm due in two months with my second boy, and I'm at a loss for names. The ones I like so far:

Oz
    Destry - I ride quite a bit, so I like that it derives from destrier
    Cormac
    North - this might be ruined? Maybe not...
    Rowan
    Everly
    Imry
    Frost
    Calix
    Cashel
    Oisin
    Phelan/Faolin
    Frost
    Romulus
    Winter
    Caius
    Roman
    Bayard

The last name would be Campbell, and he'll have red hair (barring any genetic quirks.) My other son, who has a different last name, is Brian Wolf. His names came from my and his father's paternal grandfathers. I have several relatives with Gaelic names, though I'm half French.

I do like names that are a bit unusual, and older. Any combinations or ideas from the above? I do realize that "Roman Campbell" sounds like roman candle, which could be bad if I completely screw up the parenting thing and he ends up blowing things up.
    I will start off by being the Negative Nancy, sorry! While I'm not against such unusual names, and several I like, if you want it not to sound totally "out there" compared to your other son's names, I would say most of these are a little.... much.

The ones I could see working:
    Cormac
    Rowan
    Roman
    Cassius (Cash)

Yes, I believe North is ruined.

Some ideas:
    Moss
    Homer
    Niall
    Rafe
    Alfie
    Thaddeus
    Milo
    Gideon
    Ewan
    Hugh
    Angus
    Dermot
    Lachlan
    Ronan
    Barnaby
    Callum
    Lionel
    Lorcan
    Remus
    Sebastian nn Bash - a nod to your French roots
    Casper
    Felix
    Titus
    August
    Elias
    Tobin
    Atlas
    Stone
    Cyrus
    Cedric
    Phineas
    Silas
    Leif
    Dexter
    Kingston
    Harvey
    Cornelius (Neil)
    Arlo
    Mom to Nora Cathleen.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).