Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Help! I'm all over the place!

I have been interested in names for a while, and have always liked short, more modern names. But when I found nameberry a couple months ago, I became obsessed with the forums. I feel like my likes/dislikes are slowly changing and now I dont know how I feel about my list anymore!

Also, I REALLY like boys names for girls...actually, I just like girls names better so I have a tendency to think every name is a girl's name! But before this site, I never knew this was "trendy" so now I am a little put-off. I feel like my "style" is all over the place! I'm really interested to see what you guys think of these names! thanks!

Girls:
    Britton
    Rey
    Brooklyn
    Lenny (why do I like this so much??)
    Meren
    Rainey
    Spencer (i love this for a girl)
    River (apparently this is a boy's name?!)
    Bennette
    Presley
    Ellison
    Merit
    Arden
    -Kiele

Britton - As in Britain? This is a male name but the similar Brittany isn't too bad.
    Rey - As in the Spanish WORD for king? I think Rae would be better (and preferably only as a middle name).
    Brooklyn - I'm so over place names, especially this one that's a trendy name + lyn.
    Lenny - Leni is so much prettier on a girl. Would be a great nickname for Eleanor.
    Meren - Maren is lovely, MARE-in. Is Meren MERR-in (like mermaid)?
    Rainey - Would her siblings be Sunny and Stormy?
    Spencer - This isn't a girls name.
    River - I prefer this for a boy.
    Bennette - Is this supposed to be a feminized form of Bennett? Doesn't work for a girl at all.
    Presley - As in Elvis? I'd avoid this unless you're a huge Elvis Presley fan.
    Ellison - The -son ending means that the definition is "son of". In this case, it's son of Elias (or something of the sort). Unless you really wanted your daughter to be a boy, I'd probably avoid this, too. Ellen and Eleanora are lovely feminine El- names.
    Merit - I prefer Marit.
    Arden - I think this is the prettiest name on the list. Lovely name.
    Last edited by scarletrune; July 7th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by kiele View Post
    I have been interested in names for a while, and have always liked short, more modern names. But when I found nameberry a couple months ago, I became obsessed with the forums. I feel like my likes/dislikes are slowly changing and now I dont know how I feel about my list anymore!

Also, I REALLY like boys names for girls...actually, I just like girls names better so I have a tendency to think every name is a girl's name! But before this site, I never knew this was "trendy" so now I am a little put-off. I feel like my "style" is all over the place! I'm really interested to see what you guys think of these names! thanks!

Girls:
    Britton
    Rey
    Brooklyn
    Lenny (why do I like this so much??)
    Meren
    Rainey
    Spencer (i love this for a girl)
    River (apparently this is a boy's name?!)
    Bennette
    Presley
    Ellison
    Merit
    Arden
    Okay before I start bad mouthing your list. I'm a major fan of feminine names. My favourite girl's names are for example Angelica, Jane, Eve, and Rosalie ultra feminine. So don't take it too harshly because they'll be loads of people who love names like Taylor for girls.

My thoughts:
    Britton - I'm not keen on this choice, for me the name feels unattractive.

Rey - I think this is a nice choice but I think I prefer Rae.

Brooklyn - Way too trendy I dislike choices like Brooklyn, Dakota, and London in my eyes these names are harsh. I don't hate all location names but for me they have to be location names that have been used for a long time. Like Florence or India.

Lenny - I can see the appeal in Lenny. I prefer Lenny as a nickname for Leonard (I know a little boy named Leonard 'Lenny' it's adorable) or Leonardo but Heidi Klum has a 'Leni' well Helene but she refers to her as Leni and I do think this is sweet. I like the idea of Helena with the nickname Leni. I would use Leni spelling wise though.

Meren - I'm unsure on this choice. Visually she's unappealing.

Rainey - I think Rainey is a sweet nickname for Lorraine I suppose but I wouldn't use Rainey as first name.

Spencer - Very pretty little liars ; ) I can see the appeal in Spencer but personally I dislike the name for both sexes and especially for girls. Spencer just feels pretentious.

River - It's a boys name!!

Bennette - Weird. You mean Bennett right? Why the extra 'e'? Also Bennett doesn't work for a girl.

Presley - So unattractive for a girl. Immediately conjuring up images of Elvis Presley something so masculine it's crazy...!

Ellison - I like Ellison and even though I would never use a 'son' name for a girl I do think Ellison is cute, especially with the nickname Ellie.

Merit - A sweet spunky choice! I really like Merit.

Arden - I really love Arden, I prefer this choice for a boy but Arden is cool.

This is really difficult, as I feel that we have quite different taste in names, but I do love Meren and Arden from your list (*name stealing alert* I love Meren a lot actually - do you know where it comes from?!) Have you considered Marit, perhaps, instead of Merit? The only one I really don't like (sorry!) is Britton, because, as someone who lives in England, to me, this is like naming your child American. Or Hungarian. It's just a nationality to me! But having said that, I know, as said before, that our taste is very different, so if you love it, go with it! Good luck.

I like:

Rey (prefer as a nickname for Reyna or something)
    Lenny (prefer Eleni or Leni)
    Meren (would spell Maren)
    River (It's more of a boy name but I think it works for a girl; most nature names seem androgynous to me)
    Presley
    Ellison (I don't like Ellison, but I do like just "Ellis")
    Arden
    moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them