Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I find it funny that Tyler is considered a trashy name in the UK whereas in the States it's a very middle class/preppy name.

If her children are anything like her, I would be the one forbidding my children to associate with them. I do agree that you can tell the social/economical class of a family by what they name their children, but I don't believe in making any more judgments than that. I personally would want my children to grow up knowing and liking people from all walks of life, in fact I think it is extremely important. What are her precious classily-named children going to do, having never met a working-class person, in the real world?

"Your child's called India." "Yes, but that's not related to an actual location." I will never understand the reasoning behind that one. What is India then, a myth? A global hallucination? A modern-day Narnia?
    Last edited by chicamerlin; July 4th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by chicamerlin View Post
    What is India then, a myth? A global hallucination? A modern-day Narnia?
    Have you ever been to India? If not, then you cannot prove it's a real place!

aaaand... I agree with ottilie.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

Quote Originally Posted by scarletrune View Post
    Have you ever been to India? If not, then you cannot prove it's a real place!
    You got me there :P But then where are all the people from the fastest-growing-in-population country coming from?? Why, through the wardrobe, of course!

And I didn't know who that woman was so I looked her up and my goodness, she's not exactly the epitome of classy behaviour, is she? Her poor children.
    ~Izzy, looking for a new nickname
    Currently Loving: Romilly, Esme, Piper, Helia, Scout..Rhett, Colin, Rhys, Adrian, Jonah

I find this very interesting because I am from the United States. Where I live, names like Tyler and Brandon are thought to be normal and acceptable names. Poppy and India would stand out much more here, not to say that they are not nice names.

I find it sad that someone would judge anyone, never mind children, just because of their name. When her children get older, I think she will be in for a rude awakening when they start to choose their own friends. Wouldn't it be comical if little Poppy grew up and wanted to marry a Tyler?
    19 year old name lover
    Currently obsessed with Charlotte Eve & Jude Oliver
    United States