Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I'd use Lydia Nicole Atalaya Cotton or Lydia Caroline Atalaya Cotton...something that flows better and has a 'c/k' sound to tie in the surname.

Thanks! I think all of us know that when naming your child that you dont want any issues with the name that you love. My husband and I think its a beautiful name and I have really tried to make it work. I have always had a positive association of the name from going to visit a place by that name is S.C.
    I tried to change the spelling from the original to help it be pronounced better but it only confused people . Most people know how to say Maya which is a Spanish name as well. So...The previous nameberries told me to go back to the original spelling of the name. I sometimes have to pronounce my own name Anissa pronounced like Lisa. It hasn't bothered me too much.

I second Lydia Jane Atalaya. Atalaya is lovely, but I'd be concerned about the Jehovah's Witness thing, too.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Lydia Jane Atalaya flows the best. Having Atalaya as a first name may be complicated because of the pronunciation issue.
    Just a 15 year old name lover.

Girls: Maren, Daphne, Thea, Dahlia, Marina, Maribel, Ivy, Scarlett, Rosalie, Serena and Marilyn

Boys: Theodore, Rocco, Maverick, Brooks, Jude, Ronan, Fabian, Callum, Harvey, Griffin and Vaughn

I will have to look more into that. This is the best time to figure that out since I will have this baby in about 6 weeks from now. I have no idea what I will do if this name doesn't work. I have searched forever to find a name I like more than Atalaya. We even have a nickname for her,Attie .
    Lydia is a lovely name we already have girl named Olivia, nicknames Livia. We are naming her Lydia to honor my grandmother. We were not planning on calling her by that name.