Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I think Felix the Cat is sufficiently old-school that you don't have to worry. And I quite like the sound of Felix Katz. Plus if anyone does make the connection, it'll be a good laugh.

Thanks everyone!

Considering that just the name Feliz reminds me of the cartoon anyway...I think with the last name "Katz" it would especially go overboard for me.

And even thought the cartoon may no longer be on TV, I still see merchandise for Felix the Cat. Like the clocks with the shifty eyes, or t-shirts etc.

I'm in my twenties and I know who Felix the Cat is. The character is one of the first pictures that comes up if you do a Google image search on just the name Felix. 'Felix' is also a brand of cat food in UK, as well as in Germany as a pp said, so the feline link is still very much alive & kicking in Europe at least.

Personally I would think the parents were a bit cruel if I met a little boy with this name, especially if they already knew of Felix the Cat in the first place. You may think it's cute, but your son probably won't after the umpteenth cat joke.
    My Top 10 Girls Names: Astrid, Elara, Evelyn, Hannah, Hester, Lorna, Megan, Ophelia, Sylvia, Tabitha
    My Top 10 Boys Names: Alistair, Andrew, Graeme, Hamish, Leopold, Martin, Peter, Rupert, Tobias, William
    Guilty Pleasures: Athena, Aurelius, Damaris, Digory, Hermione, Isis, Phineas, Loki, Myrtle, Nymeria, Nyx, Orion

I don't get the reference, but I'm 18 and didn't/don't really watch TV ever. Sooooo... yeah. But I don't think it works with your last name, really.
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.