Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Girly list - open to suggestions!

Hi all! Would love to see what other names you can come up with. This is what we've got so far. Big sister is Ivy Coraline. Thanks in advance!

Mabel
    June
    Thea - I don't like that this would leave Ivy as the only one in the family without a "T" name.
    Vera
    Margo

DH likes:
    Hazel (I like Mabel waaaay better)
    Prairie (I'm open to it as a middle)

I like:
    Clio (rejected - he says people will get it confused with Leo :roll: )
    Vada (haven't run this one by him - thinking of forcing him to watch My Girl and seeing if he says anything about her name )
    Miriam (he's open to this as a middle)
    Last edited by tk.; July 4th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training

Tessa? Good luck!

XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine

Where did Phoebe and Luna go? I'm still mourning Clio over here... I think Ivy and Clio would be lovely.

I like Vera and June a lot with Ivy.

Suggestions:
    Alba
    Dawn
    Demi
    Eira
    Faye
    Ines/Iris/Isis - or do you prefer not to repeat the I?
    Juno
    Lyra
    Melia
    Mina
    Zita
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

vml - Oh, I do love Tessa. Tess was actually on my list to go over with hubs, and he told me that it sounds like a brazen hussy. Say what?!

whillemina - Thanks! I really like your taste. A lot of those combos were rejected with Ivy, but I might try them again. I really like Rosalind as a middle name to honor his mom, Linda

otter - He's not feeling Luna, and while he likes Phoebe, he can't get over the character from Friends. Meh, I've been meeting a lot of little Phoebes lately, anyway, and I also feel that it's a bit difficult to say Ivy and Phoebe quickly together. It's a whole lot of "ee" sounds. Clio is the only one I'm seriously sad about. Very seriously. I might bring it up again in a couple months. I'll see what he thinks of Juno and Lyra (this was my #1 choice when I found out I was pregnant with Ivy). I love Mina, but baby will have a cousin named Myla that will be very close in age. I also really love Alba, but it's pretty tied up with Jessica Alba (do Brits even know who she is?) and a cosmetic/toiletries brand by the same name. It's hard to find something that is short, sweet, fun, spunky, and still keep the vintagey vibe I like. Hubs leans more towards the naturey end of names, and would probably go for Clover in a second, but I want to avoid a "green plant" theme.
    Tara, proud mama to a Honey Badger
    ... and a Badger in Training