Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Ophelia, not many people are that well-versed in Shakespeare anyway, so I don't think it will come up as a problem.
    Beatrice is a perfect pairing with Ophelia
    Good luck!!
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine

Ophelia, by far. I love the name personally, and it fit better in your sibling's names ideas. As for the teasing, Juliet also commits suicide, and that's never been an issue that seems to have affected the popularity of that name.
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Another vote for your Ophelia combo I love the name so much, its on my own girls' short list.
    Leo Sebastian l Ronan Alexander

current loves
    Felix l Finn l Moss l Heath l Fern l Veda l Tui l Blythe

Ophelia by far. Ophelia Catherine Jane is stunning. I wouldn't worry about the teasing potential.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett

Definitely Ophelia Catherine Jane. You just managed to smoosh my top 3 girls' combos. I don't really dislike Millie, but there are so many Millies and Tillys and Lilys about it doesn't feel that special. Also, its basically Northern Irish for a female chav when spelt with a -y, which is something I can never quite see past, although it's fine if you don't live in NI.

And regarding Ophelia getting bullied - how many kids would know that Ophelia in Hamlet committed suicide? I daresay they would never have heard of her. I've never heard of a Juliet getting teased based on the same reasons, and she's much more famous.

Btw, I agree with Whillemina above that Beatrice is just perfect with Ophelia.
    My furry darlings ~ Bodie the border terrier & Portia and Penny the guinea pigs

Amabel ~ Beryl ~ Bryony ~ Cecily ~ Charis ~ Clara ~ Dinah ~ Flora ~ Georgiana ~ Ophelia ~ Rosamund ~ Sylvie ~ Tabitha ~ Tamsin ~ Violet

Arthur ~ Barnaby ~ Basil ~ Bertie ~ Darcy ~ Elliot ~ Felix ~ Fraser ~ Frederick ~ Henry ~ Monty ~ Rowan ~ Rupert ~ Theodore ~ Tristan