Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ophelia or Millie?

DH and I are now between Ophelia Catherine Jane and Millie Catherine Louise for our daughter, our only concern with Ophelia is that she may be easily teased due to the negative Shakespearean character. (Ophelia commits suicide in Hamlet). Would this be a realistic problem, or are we just over concerned? We aren't worried about Millie aging well, because we live in the UK, and it's been a very popular name for quite a while, so I imagine there are many adult Millie's out there. We also believe a name ages with the bearer. Sibling ideas for each are:

Ophelia
    Beatrice
    Audrey
    Juliet(te)
    Edward
    Henry

Millie
    Joel
    Liam
    Henry
    Elsie
    Dulcie (DH said he likes Dulcie+Millie as sisters now)

We'll also take whatever sibling suggestions you have for us

Which should we use, Ophelia or Millie, and could Ophelia be easily bullied?
    Beatrice|Ottilie|Dulcie|Jemima|Tabitha|Maeve|Adela ide|Florence|Martha|Eloise|India|Sylvie

Henry|James|Nicholas|Declan|William|Bryson|Liam|Re ece|Landon|Adam|Andrew|Noah

Ophelia by far. Also prefer the sibling names you listed with Ophelia.

good luck!

I would go with Ophelia as your daughter will have more options. She can go by her full name or nickname - Philly, Lia, Ollie. I also prefer the sibling names you have listed under that name.
    I like simple yet versatile names that work well for the athlete, the comic, the genius, and the judge.

I personally love the name Millie

I would choose Ophelia. Not only do I love the name Ophelia, I also really enjoyed her character.
    Always changing...
    Alberta Olwen - Sigrid Ylva - Edwina Hester - Ragna Fae - Abelone Frida
    Ragnar - Sergius - Eideard - Fergus - Edgar - Severin/Severus - Gregor - Reuben