Results 1 to 5 of 17
July 4th, 2013 03:02 AM #1
Names with conflicts - keep them or toss them out?
Hello all, I am looking for some opinions on a couple of names I have been thinking about recently. I like them, but they have potential problems. Basically, let me know if you think I should keep them or toss them.
- Katerina - Love the way the name sounds, but really, really don't like Kate or Katie as potential nicknames.
- Noemie - I have a friend/colleague with a daughter named Naomi. Too close?
- Lucia - Worried about pronunciation snafus, and that it sounds common because Lucy is such a popular name right now.
- Edie vs. Eden - Originally I wanted to use Edie, but I kept getting feedback that it is "too nicknamey." So was considering Eden as a formal option, only, it seems like it might be trendy. What are your thoughts?
- Lavinia - Like the sound, and Titus Andronicus is one of my favorite Shakespeare works, but there's always a question of whether using a tragic character as a name sake is a good idea.
ETA: Just by the by, for Edie vs. Eden, I had considered Edith. I like it somewhat but every time I try to picture it on a daughter, I can't.
Last edited by sansa_nanami; July 4th, 2013 at 03:39 AM.moving to new account with username I like more... since we can't just change them