Names Searched Right Now:

would Willa be misheard as Willow?

Hi all,
    It just occurred to me that the name Willa might be a nice reference to my maiden name (Wilkinson). I've always thought it was a lovely name, i like the Willa Cather connection, and i don't know why i took me so long to realise the link to my maiden name! Anyway, i have a slight concern that people will always mishear it as Willow which is becoming popular-ish in the Uk so would be much more recognisable than Willa. I do like the name Willow but i don't feel i can have a Juniper and a Willow! So, will she/i forever be correcting people? Should i just have it as a middle name option?
    ~ Mama to Juniper Elise and Arlo Edward James ~

Susannah - Celeste- Maybelle - Pearl - Callie - Eulalie - Clementine
    Another daughter: Callie Susannah Pearl

Asa - Tate - Rudy - Otis - Henry - Miles - Josiah
    Another son: Tate Henry Miles

I ADORE Willa!!!!! I think that it would be fine and not mispronounced/misspelled as Willow

Good luck!
    Ellie xx
    💖💖💖17 year old Britberry💖💖💖
    💖💖💖Writer, dreamer, lover💖💖💖

💗💗💗Girls: Willa, Rosa, Genevieve, India, Ashlyn, Alana, Marina, Bianca, Amber, Honor, Fallon💗💗💗

💙💙💙Boys: Daniel, Elliot, Luke, Lawrence, Ronan, Aethred, Alan, Finnian, Eric, Matthew, Joe, Marius💙💙💙

My etsy shop- http://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/LacianaEarrings

Yes, I think it is very possible that someone might hear "Willow". I work at a call center and I've heard people mispronounce my own name. And I'll admit that I've mistaken "Perry" for "Harry"...etc. It happens. Especially if the connection is bad, or if the person has a thick accent.

Possibly, if you live in a location where that end sound gets dropped...but I don't think it would be constant. I think it really depends how much an occasional correction would bother you. Willa is gorgeous!

I think that will happen sometimes, however I think that happens to everyone. So I wouldn't be too concerned.
    Raquel-21 year old who loves names, books, and languages

Ladies: Catherine Isabella,Helena Margaret, Clara Josephine, Amelia Juliet, Louisa Genevieve, Eva Rosalind, Rose Fiammetta, Edith Lenore, Charlotte Rosamund, Eleanora Winter
    Gentlemen: Asher Frederick, Nicholas Hugo, Henry Oliver, William Grey, Matthew Isaiah, Thomas Alaric, George Everett