Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Some Gwyneth questions?

Already have one daughter named Nora. My husband suggested Gwyneth and it's growing on me. We like something sophisticated yet a little spunky and both like the nickname Gwen. So, my first question is... Gwenneth or Gwyneth with the nickname Gwen?

Second question is... which do you like better: Gwyneth/Gwenneth Elise or Gwyneth/Gwenneth Eliza?
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

I like Gwyneth much better than Gwenneth. And I prefer it with Elise.

That said, I don't like either of them (sorry). Gwen has a very unattractive sound, and is nowhere near as nice as Nora.

I'm definitely leaning towards the traditional Gwyneth because I'm not big on modern variants; however, I want to make sure it works to use the nickname Gwen with Gwyneth. No hard feelings about whether or not you like it; we do and that's all that matters. However, I must say, while it's probably in our top 5, I have other names that I like a little better. This is just hubby's top choice that I'm warming up to.
    Mama to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Dex). Griffin (Finn). Ewan. Graham. August (Gus). Colin. Ian. Wesley (Wes). Cyrus. Leland (Lee). Rufus.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Zoe. Edith (Edie). Piper. Ivy. Josephine (Josie). Margot. Carys. Sylvie. Eve. Iris. Esme. Phoebe (Bee). Kaia.

Definitely Gwenyth since it's the most likely spelling. Also, I'd go for Eliza since it's not too matchy with the same two syllables like Elise.

I like Gwyneth. It's so unique and beautiful. Gwen works great as a nickname. Gwenneth sounds made-up. I like Elise in the middle spot.
    Previous account: elrock13