Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Names I Used in Sixth Grade

So back when I was in sixth grade, we weren't allowed to draw in our religion books. That was disrespectful. So instead, I names them. After all, inscribing a name on their forehead wasn't drawing; it was writing. I recently found this sixth grade religion book, and the names I wrote were mostly mainstream, as I was not yet a namenerd. I figured I'd share the list anyhow:

Girls:
    Tasha
    Rebecca
    Emily
    Leah
    Clara (I used to think I made up this name from Claire and Cara...)
    Sarah
    Sasha
    Abby
    Kiesha
    Naomi (I actually knew a Naomi, so this was mainstream to me)
    Racheal (2) (I could never spell this right )
    Tara
    Colleen
    Deigh-gee (I made up a lot of "Asian" names as a kid...)

Boys:
    Conner
    Joseph
    Jacob
    Joe
    Robert
    Mikeal (I think I meant to spell it this way to be kre8ive...*shudder*)
    Mike
    Tommy
    Leonard
    Tom (2)
    Steve
    Patrick
    Matthew
    John

Out of everything, I still somewhat like Clara, Emily, Tara, Patrick, and John - and maybe Matthew, Colleen and Rebecca. My, how my style has changed!
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

Well, I think that your list wasn't extremely bad after all. Some names like Clara, Leah, Sasha, Emily, Patrick, John or Joseph are cute. I actually really like Clara and Leah.

It's weird to see old names list, for example, I used to like lot of "unique" names that now make me cringe, or at least don't appeal me at all. Five year ago, I was decided that my kids would be Cielo Fucshia and Luna Violetta I was also planning to have twin girls, to call them Mia and Pia.
    "Pies...para que los quiero si tengo alas para volar..."

Carmen, Libertad, Gaia, Leona, Elena, Frida
    Octavio, Salvador, Pedro, Vicente

I actually like most of the same names that I liked in middle school. While some names have changed a bit most of the names I loved then but won't use now is because my husband doesn't share my love of the name. I've always really liked traditional names.

I came across a list of my middle school & high school favorites recently too...I was pleasantly surprised with most. Some not so much.

Jolie- love that it meant "pretty" in French
    Tessa
    Meg
    Juliana- this was my all-time favorite
    Maren- I babysat a girl with this name, and had never heard it before. Loved it.
    Lorna- a name from a book
    Rachelle
    Amanda
    Emily
    Maribeth- named after a favorite person (Beth) of mine
    Alyssa- I used to tell people this was my real name
    Marjorie
    Kit- from the book "witch of blackbird pond"
    Lark- Lisa's real name on "saved by the bell"
    Josephine- from the book "little women"
    Courtlyn
    Avery
    Emmeline

Braiden
    Brycen
    Griffin
    Alexander
    Oscar
    Timothy
    Owen
    Jonathan
    Last edited by luvinbeingmomma; July 7th, 2013 at 01:59 PM.

My favorites from childhood: Daphne, Penny, Acastinee (I made that one up), Mira, Phoebe, Dexter, Landon, Luis
    Favorite Girl Names: Holly Amelia, Viola Marjorie, Penelope (Nel) Rosalind, Sylvie Madeleine
    Favorite Boy Names: Edmund Wilder, Theodore (Theo) Firth, Rory Lewis, Orin Ernest