Names Searched Right Now:
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I know you're mulling all of these over, so I'm not going to say anything complicated. But updated lists are just too much fun not to put in order!

Gwenllian- Pretty, strong, great nicknames. She also definitely feels like a cold-weather girl to me, I think she can handle a little wind and snow.
    Hespera- Summery, but beautiful. I always thought it was going to be a given that you used this name, so now... later... just glad she's on the list.
    Tinuviel- So silvery, smooth, and pretty. I still don't think I can see her winning out this round unless she's in the middle spot, but we'll see.
    Morgana- Yep, you get my permission on this. It's not a bad name, don't get me wrong. It just feels a little bit too safe, as great and stormy as it is.
    Pandora- Oh no, please don't invent a crying emoticon over this! Haha, if you recall I mostly just don't like her due to too many pop-culture connections (music, bracelets, Avatar) but it's still a fine name. I don't mind the curiosity connotation or anything dramatic like that.
    Circe- Though I still prefer her in the middle, even if Cleopatra is being taken out for more consideration.

ETA: Didn't want to bother you with another post but yay Top 5! Those are great ones. =]
    Last edited by amydomsmom; July 10th, 2013 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Just saw your new post
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Roland
    Elena : Felicity : Julia

I just got home internet so I'm just seeing this!

Of the ones left and in order of favorites with Aphrodite:

Morgana -- I love it so much! I wanted to have it on my list but Cody wouldn't do it. If Persephone wasn't a Persephone, she could so be a Morgana! I think the characters (Aphrodite and Morgana) go really well together, the spirit and feel of both is just a cool mix. I completely get the Samhain feel here. It's dark nights, bonfires, that sort of thing to me. I'd use as a nickname Ana, Mana (just sweet to me). There's also Ora, Mora (sort of like Moira)...
    Tinuviel --I adore the story behind this name, Nuvi is precious, and Aphrodite and Tinuviel sound very cool together.
    Pandora -- Even though I'm not a fan, I know you love it and it does sound good next to Aphrodite. Personally, I would have loved Pandeia, but as long as you love it.
    Hespera -- I just love the hiss in this one. They sound good together and Hespera is sort of low fires on starry night feel to me. It's warm and inviting. Spera, Hera, Sparrow (loved that suggestion), Sera (in case she wants normal)
    Gwenllian -- I do love this one, but if you're worried about pronunciation, maybe there's something there. How is it said so I know I'm saying it right. Personally, I think a lot of people have to be told how to pronounce even the simplest of names sometimes. With Persephone, I had to correct the same person 5 times in a row a few days ago at a family gathering. They kept saying "Perstephanie" and then I said "Just say Sephy" and she started called her "Stephy" Huff. Sorry for the rant :P In other words, I don't think you should worry too much about the pronunciation. Some people won't get it, some people will. Besides all that, I love Gwen. And Roo and Winnie is precious (makes me think Winnie the Pooh)
    Circe -- I just don't like it next to Aphrodite and Casimir would get my vote every time.

Some combos (using names that were on the first page as they're all lovely) even though you didn't ask :P :

Morgana Belphoebe Star -- I don't even know if you like Star, but it's what came to me to complete the combo
    Tinuviel Circe Daciana
    Pandora Iphigenia Lupita
    Hespera Penelope Velvela
    Gwenllian Melpomene Otsana

DAciana, Lupita, Velvela, and Otsana are all wolf names because I'm stuck there from your boys thread :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Amy; thank you so much! I think Gwenllian can handle snow as well. I think Circe will move to the middle, it looks so short next to Roo's name. Tinuviel... I love Lexie's idea of little sister Nuvi, so I might have to save it for later. Hespera is staying, I can't let it go. Love love love this one. I haven't seen Avatar, so that's not an association for me. The only thing I associate with that movie is Ben Stiller dressing up in an Avatar costume at the Oscar's...

Angel; yay for home internet!!! I love nickname Mana, that is cute! And Mora too. I'm so glad you like (or approve) of my favourites! Gwenllian is gwen-LHEE-uhn. I'm mainly worried about my Norwegian family members, but it's okay. Everyone can say Gwen right? I am almost certain I'm moving Circe. I'm going to try anyway, as I mentioned, it just feels too short and understated next to Aphrodite. I think... hmm. How annoying that person was! Perstephanie's not a name! Not good. Poor little Sephy. Roo sends her a cuddle, Goddess to Goddess. Of your combos I love... Morgana Belphoebe Star (so cute to use Star in there!) and Hespera Penelope Velvela in particular. And Gwenllian Melpomene Otsana... love wolf names!!!! Thank you so much!

Top 5:
    Gwenllian
    Hespera
    Morgana
    Pandora
    Tinuviel

I did it!!!!!
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I'm glad you like my combos. Starr is my middle name and I've always loved it. It just fit so well in there with Morgana. And yay I was pronouncing Gwenllian right. It's a beautiful name and you're right, I'm sure everyone can say Gwen. And I love Wolf names too.

Now that you've got a top 5, we need to start with the middles yes? We need warm ones like firelight and cuddles on chilly nights and snowflake ones I think. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Yay for a Top Five! I think my favorite of these has to be Hespera. I love what Emma said about the complementary "windiness" of Aphrodite and Hespera. They're wonderful together.

Number Two is Tinuviel--I'd be thrilled to pieces to see someone use this beautiful Tolkien gem. I don't think I'd be gutsy enough to put one in the first name slot, though Tinuviel isn't so well known as, say, Aragorn (sob!! I wish I could use this!)

Just so you know, the other three would fall thusly:
    Gwenllian
    Morgana
    Pandora

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet