Iphigenia (Genie) - I find this ugly
    Melpomene (Pom) - prefer Pomeline
    Morgana - lovely, nn Momo
    Pandora or Pandeia (Panda) - prefer Pandora
    Penelope (Poppy or Pom) - It's OK, but prefer Poppy on it's own
    Polyhymnia/Polymnia (Polly/Pom) - over-the-top, to much with Aphrodite
    Tinuviel (Tiny/Nuvi) - it's not my style
    Zenobia (Bee/Bia/Nobi/Zoe) - it's OK

To bad you cross out Bradamante, it's was so lovely.

My faves...
    Eurydice (even if I don't like pronunciation)

and Bradamante, but that's probably out.
    Last edited by theclocktowerofjoy; July 4th, 2013 at 07:21 AM.
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Oh, Hespera would be my #1 choice. It's gorgeous...dark and bright...purple flowers blooming in a dark garden until starlight. Nickname "Pari", it's a bit of stretch, but it means "Fairy" in Hindi and in Persian, which I think you might like.

#2 - tie between Belphoebe (Bee, Bell, Bells, Fee) and Zenobia (Bia, Nobi, Bee, Zen).

#4 Gwenllian - such a beautiful name, with a strong historical connection too. It can stand up to Aphrodite.

#5 tie between Morgana and Pandora (Panda, eeeps, too cute). Morgana has powerful sorceress image. Pandora has a mythological connection which works with Aphrodite, but I feel like Aphrodite is the "stronger" of two. She's a goddess, Pandora's a mortal. When you have more children, this might be an issue at all though.

#7 Eurydice - I like the meaning of the name of the name itself. I'm not sure about the tragic (but beautiful) myth, even though I like her character.

My apologies if this is too harsh, but I'd ditch:
    Andromeda - makes me think of galaxies and space before the mythological connection. So it seems sort of science-fiction-y.
    Circe - Don't like the sound, the myth, plus there's that Game of Thrones character (Cersei I think it's spelled)
    Estatira - Not a particular fan of the sound, the history. Plus it feels awkward.
    Iphigenia - pronunciation issues.
    Melpomene - It sounds like a smoosh name (Mel + pomme + many), even though there's a nice mythological tie behind it.
    Penelope - Too popular for you! And I never liked Penelope in The Odyssey.
    Polyhymnia/Polymnia - It sounds like a disease, or a medical term - like a Victorian term for a female illness of some sort.
    Tinuviel - its almost too cute, especially on an adult. And it doesn't stand up to Aphrodite.

Oh, congratulations!!!
    tea drinker + cat lover + ever-evolving baker+cook...positive realist who loves beautiful words, names, and images.

Feel free to ask me about Sanskrit-based names.

Oregon, USA
    Okay, quick and dirty opinions

Andromeda - LOVE it, but might be hard to wear

Belphoebe (Bee) - meh

Circe - So cute, wicked, and magical all at the same time. Thumbs up!

Estatira - oooh, pretty.. Tira, possible nn?

Eurydice - I want to love this one so much but I just can't

Gwenllian (Gwen/Winnie) - meh

Hespera - BEAUTIFUL

Iphigenia (Genie) - meh

Melpomene (Pom) - ditto Eurydice

Morgana - ditto Circe

Pandora or Pandeia (Panda) -You already know I love this one

Penelope (Poppy or Pom) - So cute and elegant all at the same time. Seriously underused

Polyhymnia/Polymnia (Polly/Pom) - I like this one...not sure how I feel about Polly as a nn

Tinuviel (Tiny/Nuvi) - This used to be on my list long ago before I crossed off all the -el names. So lovely, musical, just sing-songs off your tongue like magic

Zenobia (Bee/Bia/Nobi/Zoe) -Regal and devil-may-care. I adore Z names, this one is no exception
    Sequoia Orion born November 2014
    Considerations for our next child's name: Cytheria, Caspian, Seraphina, Arcadia, Venture
    Middles: Beatrix, Dwyn, Jupiter, Violet, Zephyr, River

from fave to least fave

Morgana- love the nn Morrie. could also do Mo, Mona, Ana

Hespera- Essie, Perry, Era, Happy

not fond of or clashes with Aphrodite:
    Penelope- while i love this name, it sounds so plain next to Aphrodite
    Andromeda- also love this name, but it fits too much with Aphrodite
    ♥Mckinley Mayfair, Christian Wayne & Sir Angus Fionn♥

Favorites June 2016
    Elizabeth, Adelaide, Juniper, Amelia, Arabella, Beatrice, Clara, Charlotte, Cordelia, Hermione
    the rest of the girls

William, Jasper, Edgar, Gilbert, Morgan, Henry, Sebastian, Arthur, Monroe, Basil
    the rest of the boys

Lyra Primrose, Amelia Hyacinth, Emmeline Bronte/ Magnus Frey, Julian Mackenzie, Sebastian Lake
    the rest of my combos

Greater Boston, MA
    Zenobia wins this one for me, as I said in the part two thread, I think Aphrodite and Zenobia work wonderfully together. And if you use the nn Bee, well then Roo and Bee, it's just too cute for words. ♥

NB: What happened to Bellicent, which is my new name crush?!!
    ⋆ Margaret Mary ⋆

Ada ⋆ Beatrice ⋆ Christabel ⋆ Cordelia ⋆ Dorothea ⋆ Elisabeth ⋆ Frances ⋆ Harriet ⋆ Ida ⋆ Iris ⋆ Jessamine ⋆ Josephine ⋆ Mary ⋆ Maryann ⋆ Nora ⋆ Olive ⋆ Pearl ⋆ Rosabel ⋆ Rose ⋆ Rosemary ⋆ Sarah ⋆ Thessaly ⋆ Violet

Abel ⋆ Archer ⋆ Asher ⋆ August ⋆ Benedict ⋆ Edmund ⋆ Fletcher ⋆ Francis ⋆ Gabriel ⋆ Isaac ⋆ Jack ⋆ Joah ⋆ John ⋆ Josiah ⋆ Jude ⋆ Nathanael ⋆ Nicholas ⋆ Noah ⋆ Raphael ⋆ Reuben ⋆ Samuel ⋆ Sebastian ⋆ Tobias ⋆ Zachariah