Results 16 to 20 of 85
July 4th, 2013 12:46 AM #16
July 4th, 2013 03:15 AM #18
July 4th, 2013 03:44 AM #20
Morgana: I love Morgana & Aphrodite together.
Pandora/Pandeia: It's crazy, because my best friend calls me Pandora, and he also shortens it to Panda
Tinuviel: This name is so much fun to say. (I keep mouthing it, I think my brother thinks I'm crazy). Haha, AND the nickname Tiny is adorable.
Zenobia: Love nickname Bee
With Aphrodite, my favorites:
Aphrodite & Pandora (though, I like Pandeia more)
Aphrodite & Morgana
Aphrodite & Hespera
Also, somebody already mentioned this, but Penelope is extremely mainstream, and Belphoebe's borderline mainstream with "Phoebe" & "Bella". Compared to the not-so-mainstream Goddess of love and beauty, your little Penelope might feel a little inadequate.
Last edited by sari; July 4th, 2013 at 03:46 AM.Sari, high school senior.
Cressida. Imelda. Vera.
Lucian. CasimIr. Basil.
July 4th, 2013 04:05 AM #22Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2013
I said I will probably be late and I am late. Yay for shortened list Otter!
Top 5 with my name visions:
1) Gwenllian - Gwen all the way! I think it has it all - familiar Gwen nickname and sleek full form. As I already mentioned, Gwenllian and Aphrodite are different enough to compliment each other.
1.1 Gwenllian = sparkling tiara, orange and crimson afterglow, impregnable fortress of stone and a beautiful woman riding a horse in the boundless field.
2) Belphoebe - ditto Gwenllian but I slightly prefer Gwen to Bee so it's #2.
2.1 Belphoebe = gray musline and yards of lace, predawn glory and apple trees in blossom.
3) Pandora - Panda is adorable! The story of Pandora isn't my absolute favorite but the name has fun and beauty.
3.1 Pandora = freckles and long braids of curly hair, bright-green lea covered with camomiles and bluebells all over, little feet and mottled butterflies.
4) Hespera - Princess Essie! Yay-yay, fitting with Roo for 100%. I remember you mentioned Hespera among your long-time favorites, it's time to use it finally! I think you should definitely use it - either for first or for one of the middles.
4.1 Hespera = twinkling evening stars in the ink-blue velvet sky, calla lilies, dancing little fairies, haze of mist around the pond...
5) Melpomene - Roo and Pom! Gives me enough inspiration to write a children book about two adorable little sisters. Melpomene is probably my favorite muse name, bright and lux and fun.
Melpomene = wreaths of ivy and , tears of happiness, spellbinding melodies, masks and satin gowns...
July 4th, 2013 04:32 AM #24Senior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2011