Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

If LoLo's a Bonny Lass - Attempt No. 3

Girl list is all messy! I'm having such a difficult time with this list, it's not even fun anymore. I'd like to narrow it down to between 5 and 10, so I can focus on imagining them on my little one. I'm also starting to feel iffy about repeating first initials... Also, if anyone has super adorable nickname suggestions for Hespera, Morgana, Estatira and Eurydice I'd be happy, cause I've got nothing...

BIG UPDATE FAR DOWN ON PAGE 7!!!!

Andromeda
    Belphoebe (Bee)
    Circe
    Estatira
    Eurydice
    Gwenllian (Gwen/Winnie)
    Hespera
    Iphigenia (Genie)
    Melpomene (Pom)
    Morgana
    Pandora or Pandeia (Panda)
    Penelope (Poppy or Pom)
    Polyhymnia/Polymnia (Polly/Pom)
    Tinuviel (Tiny/Nuvi)
    Zenobia (Bee/Bia/Nobi/Zoe)
    Last edited by ottilie; July 9th, 2013 at 06:50 PM. Reason: needed to mention that edit...
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

If I had to pick a top five in order

Zenobia still my favorite and your nn option are perfect.
    Morgana
    Circe
    Eurydice
    Tinuviel (Nuvi is a precious nn)

Nicknames are tough for me as I feel they develop naturally after you meet a person, so I can't help you there.

As always, your lists are so much fun and are distracting me from figuring out where to seat all my in-laws at the reception. I should have eloped. Lol
    My Zoe ... My life
    9/12/14

Hespera - Eppy, Seppa, Seppy, H.
    Morgana - Well, you know mine is called Moose But we also call her Morgs, Mo-eggs and Moggs. I guess you could do Emmy or Em as well.
    Estatira - Tiara, Atty, Teary, Tirry, Tess, Essa, Star.
    Eurydice - Cece, Cissy, Deedee.

Hope that was of some help my lovely

From your list I'd keep...

Andromeda
    Belphoebe (Bee)
    Estatira
    Hespera
    Pandora or Pandeia (Panda)

Aphrodite and Pandeia is still my favourite Andromeda comes close but it feels 'strong' to me. It's a good thing, obviously but with Aphrodite I get a 'pretty AND strong' feeling and I felt like her sister should match. Pandeia gives me the 'pretty and strong' image. Estatira is close too.
    Last edited by renrose; July 3rd, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

What a wonderful list Ottilie! I've always been a lurker of your threads. I love all of the names on your list, but if I had to pick favourites, they would be, (in order):
    1. Hespera (I recently fell in love with Hesper/Hespera nn Essie)
    2. Andromeda
    3. Morgana
    4. Gwenllian (Gwen/Winnie)
    5. Iphigenia (Genie)
    6. Zenobia (Bee/Bia/Nobi/Zoe)

Good luck, you can't go wrong with any of these names. I look forward to seeing what you choose.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

My top picks are:

Pandora or Pandeia (Panda) - this has the same feel as Aphrodite, yet seems bouncier and just feels 'little sister' ish, to me. The nn Panda is adorable.
    Polyhymnia/Polymnia (Polly/Pom) - this is my first choice, actually. I think it is 'heavy yet magical' like big sis, a 'WOW' name NO ONE else will have, and the nn's are cute. And the name is fun to say, as is Aphrodite!
    Tinuviel (Tiny/Nuvi) - this is pretty, and interesting, and the nn's are cute, but something about it feels too wispy, name-wise, next to big sis, to me.
    Zenobia (Bee/Bia/Nobi/Zoe) - this matches very well, I like the A and Z together, and the nn's are cute.

Some of your other names seem too 'mainstream' to me. Penelope will be very popular and 'normal' within a few years or a decade, I think. And Belphoebe, while a great match with Aphrodite and a personal favorite, I still think will be lumped in with the copious Belle's and Bella's and Phoebe's. Same with Morgana and Gwenllian. I like them a lot, but there are SO many little Morgan's and Gwen's already running around the playgrounds. These names lack enough of the 'singularity' factor to hold their own with big sis, imo.