Names Searched Right Now:
Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Just now got home internet so I'm just seeing this!

Of the ones left and in order of how I love them with Aphrodite:

Endymion -- Swoon! I would adore meeting a boy with this name. It's gorgeous, great myth, and Aphrodite and Endymion just sound heavenly together to me.
    Orpheus -- I absolutely love this name and myth. From the myth, I get resilience, love that surpasses death...beauty to say to. I think if you don't use this name, you'll regret it so deeply. As a pp said, holding onto it...you might end up never using it. Worry about finding another boy name you love when the time comes, but what if this baby's a boy and in 10 kids you have 9 girls? (hope not but still!) Aphrodite and Orpheus are gorgeous!
    Oberon -- Love the sound, love the Shakespeare :P The names go really well together, but you're already sort of questioning using it. "Is it wrong to give a child a name so adult" in your own words. I don't think most people will think of it like you do, but it's worth examining your own feelings here.
    Lucius -- I really love Lucius, and I completely get mystical twilight. It's such a handsome name and Luke is so common in case. I do love the way they sound together, but not as much as the others.
    Casimir -- I get all your points here, and I think it's a very sexy, middle ages sort of name, but I just don't like the sound with Aphrodite. I think the names have completely different feels, which is why it's so low on the list for me.

Romulus -- This one, frankly, just makes me think of Romulans (not the right spelling I'm sure) from Star Trek and even though I know the myth here, and it's very cool, I just can't stop thinking about Star Trek. >.<
    About your middles:

Isidore -- I know a man with the middle name Isidore. He's Hyperion Isidore (sometimes Hype and sometimes Izzy). I do think it's very handsome.
    Odin -- nothing wrong with a short name and definitely not in 2 middle name combo. And I completely agree, he's awesome.
    Rainer -- I'm glad to see this on the middles. I don't think it sounds good with Aphrodite at all, but I think it makes a spectacular middle and it's got so many great points for you.
    Dionysus -- I personally think this is a terrible idea with Aphrodite, sorry. I don't mean to be harsh, but as someone else said, with your daughter, it just brings to mind sex (and Dionysus had a lot of crazy orgies) and drunkenness. >.< I don't even like it for a middle. Sorry.

So...some combos. I'm going to find a new wolf name for you :P :

Endymion Isidore Herne
    Orpheus Rainier Lykaion (ly-KI-on -- ly (like in lick) KI (rhymes with eye)) -- Lykaion is one I was using but can't any longer. It's a mountain in Greece -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Lykaion
    Oberon Rainier Dionysus -- Even though I don't like Dionysus for you, you do, so I made a combo I think it sounds good in. ^_^
    Lucius Odin Archimedes
    Casimir Dorian Lykos -- Neither Dorian nor Lykos are on your list, but I think they bot work for you. Dorian, like Dorian Gray, handsome, smokey, dark. Lykos is the Greek word for wolf and since I can't get into Romulus, I offer up Lykos (and Lykaion with a wolf meaning). The wolf is my spirit animal so I get wanting a wolf connection. ^_^
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Angel, thank you, I've been waiting for this one... !!! You are so right about several things. I would regret not using Orpheus, and who knows if we'll have boys or girls in the future. I'm definitely keeping it, it's too important and precious to me. All your other comments make sense too, of course. I love that your spirit animal is the wolf! Wolves are awesome! I love your suggestion of Lykos and Lykaion, great names! And Mt Lykaion is so important... I love your combos, especially Orpheus Rainier Lykaion!!! Thanks so much!

Forgot the update:

Casimir
    Endymion
    Oberon
    Orpheus
    Romulus

...and that's it I think!
    Last edited by ottilie; July 10th, 2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: forgot to update again.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

So glad you like my hasty combos. ^_^ I'm sad to see Lucius go but hopefully it'll still be a middle option. Casimir Odin Lucius I think ^_^
    So for your boys middles, I'm loving smooth, mystery, twilight... just my thoughts :P
    Mother, Hellenic Pagan Priestess, and Resident Greek name expert ^_^ Call me Dantea or Remy

http://covertocoverediting.webs.com/ -- Editing services available for cheap.

Proud Mama to:
    Persephone Elysia Willow -- June 5th 2013
    TTC #2 by Christmas 2014

Yay for a Top Five over here too! Lucius got the axe? Sob Maybe, rather than moving him to the middles list right away, you could wait to see whether he'd work as a little brother name (if you don't choose an -us ending for this baby.) Just an idea...see how the combos work out.

I'm really digging Romulus lately (pardon my slang.) He's gorgeous, and powerful enough to sound great with Aphrodite. I believe Casimir and Endymion are the only ones left from the Top Five I chose from your long list. I prefer Casimir, but Endymion may be better for you. I know you and lots of other Berries love it. And then there's Orpheus...for some reason he's been one of the names I've sorta overlooked--I'm not sure why. Orpheus and Eurydice is a beautiful story, though sad; Orpheus was magnificent. Just not my favorite sound, perhaps? I like the other -us endings better. But it sounds like this should be a top contender for you. Oberon has been a similar experience for me; I've been watching your relationship with Oberon develop; but it almost sounds like Orpheus is pushing Oberon down into second place.

So, maybe:

Orpheus
    Romulus (but if you pick an -us ending, will you get to use Lucius? AUGH!)
    Casimir
    Endymion
    Oberon

Best wishes!
    "He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names."
    Psalm 147:4

Still dreaming:
    Tobias Rory Benjamin ~ Crispin Isaiah ~ Ransom Horatio ~ Lucius Olórin ~ James Deliverance
    Una Marguerite/Oona Sylvestra ~ Jessamyn Agnes ~ Branwen Evangeline ~ Alice Emmanuelle ~ Christiana Linnet

Hmm, I haven't commented much on your boys' names but they're generally as incredible as the girls'! No more Faramond
    though?! Always [one of] my favourites...

Favourite to least favourite:

Endymion: you never really thought of cutting this, did you? it seems like you really love it, and I do too. sweet, whispering, lilting, a touch nautical to me
    Orpheus: I generally like Oberon better than Orpheus, but you seem to love Orpheus so much! I don't know the story but the name sounds intellectual, soft but strong, and kindhearted to me.
    Oberon: powerful, in control, a force to be reckoned with. fantastical and magical
    Romulus: like the sound and history behind it, but also seems a bit normal
    Casimir/Kazimir: Kazimir is more unusual and special. but either way it feels too normal, doesn't really have that magical quality
    Lucius: nice, but seems a bit harsh and grating, and too normal compared to most of your list. I prefer Lucian/Luciano anyways

Aww, Rainier and Dionysus in the middle? Rainier just always seemed very "Ottilie" to me, and I'm really into drama and theatre so Dionysus has some meaning to me even though I don't know much about him. It's a big, bold name likeAphrodite, but I can see why you wouldn't want to use them back-to-back. Maybe save for a first later...?
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy