Names Searched Right Now:
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Thanks again, gals!

Dina; I too love that Mio means mine. And it kind of carries of the childhood theme I "started" with Marian, there's this fantastic Swedish children's book called Mio Min Mio (I think it's translated to Mio My Son in English, but my parents always read it to us in Norwegian or Swedish), which is so precious. And it was made into the movie Mio in the Land of Faraway with Christian Bale.

Gwen; oooh, Isidore makes you think of bread? How fascinating! Lucius, it probably won't grow on you until book 7...

Emma; yeah I think Endymion Lucius Rainier is a winner!

Tara told me yesterday about this gender theory based on baby's position on the early ultrasound, and if that's true I'm most likely having a girl! So Endymion might have to rest until next time... but we'll see. In September, if I can convince Husband .
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    ... there's this fantastic Swedish children's book called Mio Min Mio (I think it's translated to Mio My Son in English, but my parents always read it to us in Norwegian or Swedish), which is so precious. And it was made into the movie Mio in the Land of Faraway with Christian Bale.
    OMG I didn't realize they made a movie and I read that book when I was a kid to in German its "Mio, Mein Mio". Astrid Lindgren is HUGE in Germany.
    Endora & Lorelei
    trying to narrow down.....Dexter, Victor, Gideon, Hendrik, Oberon, Cedric
    newlywed!!! (not trying...yet)]

In order:

*Endymion- You know how I feel, I won't reiterate it except to say that I think he's definitely worth letting go of Euridice.

*Orpheus- I'm gonna be a bit evil and throw your own words back at you... Otter reasoning when we thought about "saving" perfect summery Hespera: If the name fits the little one, why deny them this name simply because you love it more than others??! What if you never had another chance to use it...? Surely if this little baby is a boy, and his spririt turns out to be that of Orpheus you can bestow this moniker on him with pride knowing that it is the best you could give him, and you can worry about finding other names you like for future boys when the time comes.

*Romulus- Silly Shaman, you're killing us over here! Haha. I love this name. It is a really great new suggestion this time around, and I promise if he says something very profound about it connecting to your dream I will be the first one back on the Rom-train. But I know your heart lies a little closer to Orpheus still... So I'll say that Romulus would also make a really great little brother name!

Oberon- It is growing on me, and the sound is great, but I vote to save it for later. At least it isn't an -us name as well. I agree with you (and you know how picky I am about these things) but down the line if you had 2 boys with -us ending names and two with O names it wouldn't be the end of the world and I really don't think anyone would judge you on it (and unless you use them one right after another people probably won't even notice). I don't think it sounds too sexy, I think the association makes it feel that way for you, but just hearing it doesn't make me automatically gasp and fan myself on my fainting couch in horror from hearing this name on a baby. Hehe, I'd say it's perfectly fine.

Lucius- You are doing so much to convince me on this name, but even while I'm starting to like him I still think it sounds just a bit too tame for a first. He is more like Marian to me: a glittering, gorgeous, magical-but-still-normal middle name. Plus he pairs so well with a lot of your choices! Also in the middle his -us ending would eliminate a problem for you and instead become a cute way to connect with his possible other brothers' names.

Rainier, Isidore and Odin will make great middles. And like Sessh (I think?) I have always love love loved Rainier paired with Endymion. It even shares a lot of the same letters with Marian to make such a lovely connection there... It seems that a's, i's, r's and n's work wonders for the flow of combos. You guys are doing a great job narrowing things down! You'll have your working 5 combos in time, I'm sure of it. =]
    Last edited by amydomsmom; July 10th, 2013 at 09:08 AM.
    Dominic James~ (4)

Gabriel : Jude : Phineas : Sebastian
    Elena : Felicity : Lavender : Julia

Quote Originally Posted by ottilie View Post
    Gwen; oooh, Isidore makes you think of bread? How fascinating! Lucius, it probably won't grow on you until book 7...
    Haha. The bread thing isn't a cool, synesthesia-type association, it's because California bakery chain, Boudin, was founded by a guy named Isidore (a fact that an automated Rosie O'Donnell reminds me of every time I go into the area of Disneyland where you get free bread.) I really like the name even without that association, though.

And I've read all the Harry Potter books before, so I know how Lucius M ends up. I'm just a very immersive sort of reader, so even though I know he loves his son, it's hard to like him when he's threatening to torture teenagers and being all racist. His voice is fun to do, though.
    Gwen
    College student, bookworm, terrible influence.
    Owner of a cat: Minerva "Minnie"

Current favorites:
    Belphoebe Cosima Sybella Ailsa Celia
    Prosper Finn August Malcolm Zephyr

Lex; Astrid Lindgren is the best! Love her books. Yes, the movie's from the late 80's. It's also starring Christopher Lee!

Amy; Thanks for going through them! You're so right about Orpheus, it would be incredibly silly of me. Besides, it's Summer in Australia in February, right? Teehee... Thanks for your words on Oberon, and Romulus & Lucius too. But Obie in particular, it makes me feel better. Yes, it is coming together isn't it? I've started to play quietly with combos, doodling them on newspaper pages...

Gwen; Oh, I was getting concerned... worried this was your first HP turn. No, torturing teenagers isn't so nice. But he's handsome... bad reasoning there, not something I want to encourage in my children. But in all fairness, when I think of Lucius, Malfoy is not the first thing that pops into my head.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]