Names Searched Right Now:
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Casimir (although this would rule out Circe & Cleopatra) - I prefer Casimir over Circe and Cleopatra
    Dionysus - no
    Endymion (would rule out Eurydice) - Endymion
    Faramond - lovely, one of my faves
    Isidore - no
    Lucius versus Leopold versus Lohengrin versus Lorengel - Lucius
    Orpheus (would rule out Eurydice) versus Oberon versus Odin - both Orpheus and Odin over Oberon and Eurydice
    Rainier versus Romulus - Rainer
    Sorry for bad English, I am from other country

Quote Originally Posted by tfzolghadr View Post
    The 'F' is for my maiden name, which begins with an 'F' and is the name of a famous Disney movie (and American Idol winner). It's an EXTREMELY rare Italian surname.
    "Oh my god, her surname is F--?? Best surname ever!" Lol. According to my brother
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Beta read The Self Invention: The book is now complete. All chapters are up!

Ahh! Thanks for clearing up the question about the -us endings. Well, it might make sense to take a side road and pick a favorite of those -us names. Though it wouldn't be bad if you had more than one -us ending, if they were mixed in with other names and not ALL the boys had that kind of name.

Quote Originally Posted by renrose View Post
    "Oh my god, her surname is F--?? Best surname ever!" Lol. According to my brother
    Lol... Yeah, I get that a lot. But I was glad to give it up, as the second reaction that I normally got was that it sounds like a stripper name when combined with my first name (there is actually a transvestite in Florida who gave himself my same first and maiden name... *sigh*). So be careful to take the last name into account. Perhaps something a tad less feminine (or more classic) for my first name would've balanced my surname a bit better.

I'm voting against Dionysius... it's just so connected to drinking. And not that drinking is bad, but it does seem a tad strange on a 3 year old. I'm still hoping you go for a non-Greek name.
    Emiliana Pari Debuts July 2014
    Soren Pasha, Caspian Bardia, Raphael
    Camellia, Valentina

Oh, the not repeating first initials makes things sooo hard! Most my favorites seem to start with A, C, O, and R...

I still love Casimir. He's just so princely and the nn Caz is really to die for. I do hate that it would rule out Circe and Cleopatra though. However, I personally think Circe is a better middle name and, while I think Cleopatra matches Aphrodite exquisitely, it seems like she might not be as meaningful to you. Therefore, Casimir wins the battle of the 'c's'.

Dionysus - Cool guy, but not my favorite -us name. Plus, you have the matchy 'di' sound with Aphrodite, as somewhat mentioned.

Endymion - Really, but Eur is a totally different sound from End! Grumble. Well, as much as I love Eurydice and her tale, she seems to be at odds with too many other jems. Therefore Endymion wins the 'e's'.

Faramond - I kind of feel you on the not feeling it front. I definitely want you to use him, but he feels like he might be better suited for one of the younger children. He feels like a younger brother to me.

Isidore - I like this, but he feels better placed in the middle. He's more grandpa revival than dashing and magical to me.

Lucius - I like, but much prefer Orpheus and Romulus (and Leopold)

Leopold - I'm starting to come around to this one. He may be a bit more familiar as a name, but he's still pretty impressive

Lohengrin & Lorenel - Leopold wins the 'L's' for me.

Orpheus, Oberon, & Odin - Oh, I don't want to pick! All three of these would be in my top five. If absolutely forced to select a winner, it would be Oberon, as that image is just too good to give up. Plus, it doesn't have an -us ending and he's not a major deity? I'm really grasping at straws for my reasons here...I love them all so. That said, I think Auberon/Oberon is just spectacular

Rainier & Romulus - Rainier has long been a favorite of mine for you. However, Romulus is just too cool. If I pick Romulus, Rainier would move to the 'absolutely needs to be used' list for middle names (which would also include so many names I am sadly striking, such as Circe, Orpheus, etc.)

Ok, top five (six), in order, with repeating initials: Oberon, Casimir, Romulus, Endymion, tie: Orpheus/Odin
    Now, top five (six), in order, without repeating initials: Oberon, Casimir, Romulus, Endymion, tie: Faramond/Leopold
    Loving right now:
    Eulalie Catherine, Cordelia Iseult, Cosima Beatrix, Cecily Morgana
    Ivo Marius, Euan Casper, Remy Nathaneal, Crispin Adair