Names Searched Right Now:
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    I'm going to have to blitz through this very unelegantly because we're about to leave for the in-laws' place. This is much more difficult than the girls' list though....! I don't know why I always fall so much harder for boys' names.

I'd say no to Darius and Perseus, simply because you are more attached to Lucius and Orpheus. I'd have nixed Romulus too, but then I remembered the wolf dream! Could it be an omen? Aphrodite and Romulus...oooh...

Oberon fits better on an Imbolc baby than Auberon, but Endymion goes best of all! I love Herne and Odin, but they can work just as well as middles. If Endymion were bumped to the middle spot, it would be a crying shame!

Rainier is my pick for you from this group, because it's so beautiful and evocative and deeply personal for you. Familial significance trumps just normal awesomeness Melchior is of course one of my dearest loves! Casimir is fabulous though, so I can't strike him off the list altogether...

Archimedes is dead sexy! I love it, but not with Aphrodite, way too twinsy. Perhaps a middle? Herne Archimedes is pretty rockin. Attila has too many points against him in my opinion...the shared A, the similarity to your own name, and most obviously, THE HUN. It's really quite impossible to say Attila without saying "the Hun." It's like all one word...AttilatheHun. Faramond was never my favorite, but I know you are quite attached to him so he gets brownie points for that. And Leopold is just swoonworthy!

So my down and dirty deconstruction ends up looking like this:

Top Ten:
    Endymion
    Rainier
    Lucius
    Leopold (hubs loves it so much, so it gets bumped up)
    Oberon
    Melchior
    Romulus
    Orpheus
    Casimir
    Faramond

Moved to middles: Archimedes, Herne, and Odin

Nixed: Perseus, Darius, Attila, Auberon
    Zion Nathaniel ~ Solomon Fable ~ Balthazar Wolf ~ Malachi Sparrow nn Kai ~ Tobias Rowan ~ Endymion _____ nn Ender ~ Caspian _____
    Alice Willow ~ Ophelia Wren ~ Lucia Pearl ~ Eve Wisteria nn Evie ~ Cosima Rose ~ River _____

GPs
    Narnia Rose, Luna Seraphine, Astoria nn Story, Illyria, Serafina, Soraya, Faerydae
    Orion Melchior North, Tobias Loki, Edmund, Frost, Oberon, Kenshin, Remiel, Atreyu

My top five:

Perseus
    Rainier
    Leopold
    Endymion
    Lucius

Good luck!!
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine

My favorites:

Rainier - every time I hear this name I just swoon. It sounds like such a rugged, intelligent, swoon worthy man.
    Oberon/Auberon
    Perseus
    Faramond
    Lucius
    Odin

Wow...amazing names!

I'd never heard of Oberon (much prefer this spelling!) before but I was intrigued when i saw it on your list and i think I've fallen a little in love with it now I've done the research.. And nn Bear which is a favourite of mine fits so well especially with its meaning! Though Roo and Bear may be a little too animal themed...Obie and Roo or Ronnie and Roo would be adorable too!! Definately my favourite...May I pinch this one for my own list?! I LOVE it!!

Odin is a long time favourite of mine! We know one so its out for us but it's just gorgeous! However, Odin and Aphrodite are maybe a little much together...You definately need a name that's strong and powerful enough to stand along side Aphrodite but a god and a goddess is almost a little cheesy! Its a wonderful name but maybe in the middle spot would be better!

Perseus is perfect... Percy and Roo are so adorable together!

I REALLY like Leopold, Lucius, Rainier and Romulus too...
    I love the way Aphrodite sounds with Rainier and Romulus... Something about that R beginning compliments her so well!

My top 10 for you:

Faramond- this has always been one of my favourites on your boys' lists! sophisticated, classy, gentlemanlike. i think of a forest in spring, alive with trees and flowers and chirping birds and woodland creatures.
    Endymion- another one I really love. whispery soft, enchanted and magical. i think of an ocean gently lapping at the shore, maybe a lighthouse and old-fashioned stone wall, no people in sight.
    Archimedes- I would usually rank some of the others higher, but I'm just so excited by the idea that someone would consider using it! I think of the mathematician, of course- what an amazing connection for your son's name to have.
    Auberon/Oberon- dashing, gallant, adventurous, a bit bad-boy. someone who makes up his mind quickly and acts on it
    Orpheus- makes me think of music and musical instruments. someone who is quiet and reserved, but has a good heart
    Melchior- was this the name of one of the Wise Men? great reference for a handsome underused name
    Rainier- I think of rain (as in the weather) and Prince Rainier of Monaco. the kind of gentleman who lives in an English manor house with extensive grounds, maybe with an aristocratic title
    Romulus- seems a lot more "normal" than your other names, but friendly and approachable and still unusual
    Perseus- similar vibe to Romulus for me
    Leopold- makes me think of Prince Leopold. otherwise, a classy gentleman who reads a lot and is interested in things like philosophy and astronomy (I know, totally random, but for some reason I can totally see a Leopold looking through a telescope and having long discussions about philosophy)

Sorry, not very good at the name imagery thing and some of them seem a bit weird! But it's fun to try and come up with
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Scarlett, Portia, Felicity, Juliet
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy