Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to pronounce Cassia?

The title basically says it all, I've been pronouncing Cassia as Cass-ee-ah but recently discovered it might be pronounced Cash-ah, I was just wondering which was correct? I rather like my pronunciation better lol but if it's wrong then I'd rather know
    (I don't know any Cassia's which is why I can't ask but also good so I'm not possibly pronouncing their name wrong haha)
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

I've always said Cass-ee-uh, and I think that's how most people would pronounce it on first glance (those who are not name nerds, that is ) Since it isn't a very popular name, you can always pick the pronunciation you like better; no one will be the wiser as to which is the correct one.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, Diane, Millicent, Maybeline, Prudence and so many many more

I read a silly YA trilogy whose main character was Cassia, and I always pronounced it "CASS-ee-uh" in my head and didnt think twice. I can see the logic for "cash-uh," but honestly (depending on your region, of course) I wouldn't expect people to pronounce it that way.
    One little born 1/14

I would say CASH-uh first, but if someone corrected me with "It's 'CASS-ee-uh' actually," I'd think that was normal.

The original pronunciation is cash-uh but the cass-ee-uh pronunciation has become an acceptable variation. Personally, I prefer the cass-see-uh pronunciation. It just sounds so much prettier.