Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How to pronounce Cassia?

The title basically says it all, I've been pronouncing Cassia as Cass-ee-ah but recently discovered it might be pronounced Cash-ah, I was just wondering which was correct? I rather like my pronunciation better lol but if it's wrong then I'd rather know
    (I don't know any Cassia's which is why I can't ask but also good so I'm not possibly pronouncing their name wrong haha)
    Number 1 Aunty to one adorable ray of sunshine Rosalee Jillian 'Rosie'/'Roe'
    Cousin & Godmother to the delightful Erica Marisol 'Eri'/'Ricki'
    & Godmother to Sadie Bryn 'Bean' & honorary aunt to Molly Maeve Tuesday 'Molly Dolly'!

I've always said Cass-ee-uh, and I think that's how most people would pronounce it on first glance (those who are not name nerds, that is ) Since it isn't a very popular name, you can always pick the pronunciation you like better; no one will be the wiser as to which is the correct one.
    Proud author of Kissimmee, Orlando, Mary, Adam, Mississippi, Micah, Georgette, Evelyn, and so many many more

I read a silly YA trilogy whose main character was Cassia, and I always pronounced it "CASS-ee-uh" in my head and didnt think twice. I can see the logic for "cash-uh," but honestly (depending on your region, of course) I wouldn't expect people to pronounce it that way.
    One little born 1/14

I would say CASH-uh first, but if someone corrected me with "It's 'CASS-ee-uh' actually," I'd think that was normal.

The original pronunciation is cash-uh but the cass-ee-uh pronunciation has become an acceptable variation. Personally, I prefer the cass-see-uh pronunciation. It just sounds so much prettier.