Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Spelling help for "Annika"!

I really like the name Annika pronounced ahn-ih-kuh, not with "ann" at the beginning. I'm wondering what the best spelling is for this name? I've known someone named this since I was about five and she spells it as Annika, it never occurred to me it could get pronounced something else. I met someone recently with this name but she spells it Anika. I'd love to hear some opinions on spelling and also just your overall thoughts on the name, thanks!

I think I'd be more likely to pronounce it the way you want with the spelling Anika rather than Annika. But I think either way, most people will say ann-ih-kuh (at least where i live that's how people pronounce it). However, all it takes is for you to correct them, then problem solved.
    Lovely Ladies:
    Elanor Therese ~ Rosemary Luthien ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Abilene Cecilia
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Susannah Violet ~ Caroline Mercy
    Elsa Evangeline ~ Jane Magnolia ~ Sylvia Pearl ~ Cassia Valentine

Gallant Gents:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Sebastian Vincent
    Harrison Peter ~ Percy Maximilian ~ Owen Benedict
    John Paul Atticus ~ Lincoln Ignatius ~ Calvin Anthony

I like Annika more, but Anika is the same with one n.
    Here in Germany I know 2 Anika's with one n and 3 with two n.
    You can usw the spelling you want, it's still the same name.
    Pick the spelling you like more!
    Sorry, if my english isn't always the best.
    I'm from Germany, my husband was born in Utah, and we live together in Germany.
    We're waiting for our daughter "Elaine Ivy". October 2013!

Both Annika and Anika are accepted spellings. Neither would necessarily encourage the "ahn" pronunciation as that's just a common variation--awhn-uh vs. ann-uh. I do think it's more likely to be pronounced that way than some Ann names.

I think it's a very pretty name. I know an Annika who's about 12. It's underused and lovely.
    Olivia/Livia/Livy/Liv : Thessaly/Darah/Bethel : Noelle/Eve
    Benedict/Eli: Jude/Zane: Luke/Darius : Levi/Phineas/Calvin

I know two Annikas that go to my school, one pronounces it ann-ih-ka, and the other ahn-ih-ka. Both spell it Annika and as far as I know, neither has had too many problems with pronunciation. I don't really care for Anika, it looks incomplete to me. Annika is a nice name, but for someone else's child
    ~inside this teenberry's mind ~
    ~
    Vote on combo possibilities (updated 4/5/14)
    ~
    Slowly reconstructing
    ~
    ♀ ~ Adair ~ Cassia ~ Cecilia ~ Cordelia ~ Ivy ~ Kestrel ~ Lyra ~ Mary ~ Petra ~ Shira ~

♂ ~ Benjamin ~ Caspian ~ Finnian ~ Jack ~ Julian ~ Levi ~ Nathaniel ~ Ronan ~ Tristan ~

☺ ~ Cassia Jane ~ Cordelia Alice ~ Ivy Seraphina ~ Lyra Genevieve ~ Mary Valentina ~ Shira Beatrix ~
    ~ Jack Peregrine ~ Julian Hawthorne ~ Ronan Wilder ~

Considering: ~ Finnegan ~ Lux ~