Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ttc 2013

It would be a fair estimation to think you will ovulate around July 16 if Day 1 of this cycle was July 2, and you have a 28 day cycle. That means you would want to try the days leading up to the 16th. So yes, the 14th, 15th, and 16th would work well. Ideally, starting on the 12th and 13th would be beneficial, too, just in case you ovulate earlier than anticipated. Again, it just stacks the odds in your favor when you know that there are sperm waiting to meet the egg. And by all means, feel free to continue to try once you think ovulation has passed. Just keep in mind, the time frame, though. The egg only lives, on average, for about 24 hours post-ovulation.

Also, your 1st Response ovulation calculator may be misleading, but you are not ovulating the entire time between July 14 and 18. Ovulation is a single event that occurs in the moment the ovary releases the ovum (egg). Your calculator is just anticipating that it will happen sometime during that time frame, so having sex the days leading up to that moment of ovulation is the best plan. The more months you use your app, the better it will be at tracking your specific information, and it will become more fine-tuned to you and your cycle.
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

I'd like to add, try not to think too hard about it right now. From what I have read, this will only be your 2nd month TTC. It appears that you have a really regular cycle. I would bet that you are going to conceive easier than you even plan, so honestly, just enjoy your husband, enjoy your vacation, enjoy your summer without a baby. Savor your time to yourself while you can
    Mama to
    Desmond Sanders, born 7/2013
    and dog son, Lambeau

@sdsurfmama- Thank you so much for the response! I just wanted to make sure I was planning right this time, first time was on a whim and not really planned so we kind of missed our opportunity. Thank you again! I will try to enjoy all three of those lol I feel more at ease now knowing all of the information. And hopefully next time I post it will be because I am pregnant! Fingers crossed
    TTC Baby #1 Next Month

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfmama View Post
    I'd like to add, try not to think too hard about it right now. From what I have read, this will only be your 2nd month TTC. It appears that you have a really regular cycle. I would bet that you are going to conceive easier than you even plan, so honestly, just enjoy your husband, enjoy your vacation, enjoy your summer without a baby. Savor your time to yourself while you can
    Not to be a downer, but my cycles are really regular and I ovulate every month and I'm not pregnant yet after three months of trying. Don't get too depressed if it's doesn't happen straight away! You might be one of the lucky ones, but it's typically a few months.
    Audrey - Beatrice - Clara - Daphne - Flora - Jane - Mabel - Susannah

Arthur - Barnaby - Edward - Frederick - Henry - Rupert - Theodore - Walter

Just wanted to chime in a little bit of extra info - a normal, healthy woman with no fertility issues has approximately only a 20% chance of conceiving during any given month. I know that from what you see on TV and movies and what you read that it seems like most women get pregnant by just having sex once - but that is NOT at all the case. So if it takes you 4 months, 6 months, or even a year, that's all still normal. What sdsurfmama said is key - ENJOY this time with your hubby. The more anyone starts to stress about conceiving, the lower their chances go. Good luck!
    Christine

Pregnancy #1: lost to mc, 10/11

Amelia Joelle arrived on 11/28/13 at 7 pounds, 4 ounces of pure beauty. Couldn't be happier to finally be mommy!