Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Convince Me!

For Girls:

Victoria - means victory. This is such a strong name yet it sounds so feminine.

Esperance - This name sort of slips off the tongue.

Kousa (pn: cole-saw) - Kousa is a type of flower. I think it sounds a lot prettier than Katniss.

Photini - I LOVE GREEK NAMES. They're so pretty and elaborate. This name means 'light' which is cool.

Wynnafreede (pn: win-a-freed) - I heard it off of an old movie and loved it ever since.

Pearl - This is an older name, for sure, but I LOVE it for middle name.

For Boys:

Zayden - Even though it is in the 'Aiden' clan, I love how it sounds and Z names catch my interest instantly.

Gabriel - This name belongs to an arch angel which makes it super cool. Biblical names are always really special to use.

Oleksander - This is a knock off of Alexander yet it means defender of mankind which is badass.
    Currently searching for that perfect name...

The Favorites For Now (constantly change):

Esperance, Dagny, Victoria, Isis, Aurora, Astoria, Calypso, Pearl, Photini, Circe and so forth..

Zayden, Ambers, Phoenix, Gabriel, Barnabas, Ethan, Roman, Sol, Auden, Oleksander, Jensen, and so forth...

My favorite names are my kids names Bennett, and Annabelle. The reasons I love them are:
    They have nice meanings
    They are farmiliar, but are uncoomon (at least in my area - I dont know any others)
    They are full names that lend themselves to nice nn's

My favorite girls name right now is Gemma, which I think would fit my sibset for a future baby girl...it means "precious stone", and I would love to have a little "Gem" running around! It has the farmiliarity of Emma, but a little more uncommon.

I don't do well with boys names, always have a hard time finding ones I like. Right now I am liking Arlen, Arden, Arlo, just based on the sounds of the names. I also like Milo, Rhys, and Finn - again, primaily for thier sounds! Don't know if I would actually use any of them if I had to name a baby right now!

Augusta Lee had a thread a little while back called A Few of Your Favorite Names, and people listed their favourites and why they loved them. Might be of some inspiration?

I love too many names, but I will tell you why we chose our daughter's names.

Aphrodite: Greek Goddess. I've always loved myths, and I've got a masters degree in Classics, so I spent a great deal of my twenties reading and writing and thinking about Greek mythology. She's the Goddess of love and beauty, and she was strong and didn't let men define her, but she didn't shy away either. She's the object of several of my favourite paintings and a planet (even though it's got her Latin name).

Marian: Robin Hood was one of my favourite stories growing up (and still is!). Maid Marian is cool, strong and funny, and I love how she's been portrayed in movies. It feels very English and medieval. I love how it's related to the ocean, and it's got musical associations for me as well.

Illyria: The country Viola comes to after the shipwreck in Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, which is my favourite Shakespeare play. It's also an ancient region in Macedonia where my husband's got some ancestors from (way back). I love how it rolls of the tongue, you need to smile when you say Illyria.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

There's only one I feel I can really say I love and defend it.

I love the name Abbott ever since I first read it. There was something different about it. About a week after discovering it, I had a dream about a story on TV about a little boy in Texas that was orphaned after a tornado hit his home. His name was Abbott. I was so touched by the story, that I went down to Texas and adopted the child.

After that, I've just loved the name.

Current Favorites
    August - Daniel - Erik - Heath - Leo - Ronan
    Eve - Fiona - Johanna - Lana - Lena - Sally

Melchior: This is such an awesome name! It means King, and I feel it fits it's meaning perfectly.

Eulalie: Such a pretty name. Especially written out (though it's a tad of a tongue twister). And the nickname Lula!

A definite plus to both of these is that they're both saint's names.
    Damian Joachim-Raphael Benedict-Jude Marius-Charles Dominic

Genevieve Reine-Catalina Lourdes-Madeleine Nieves

Nala-Carmen-Leonor-Romana-Honor-Wesley-Arthur-Boden-Nash