Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Middle name ideas for Antonia

My husband and I both love the name Antonia, but are a bit stuck on a middle. Here are the options we've (ok, I've) come up with that have personal meaning:

Eloise (current frontrunner)
    Pearl
    Madeline
    Olive
    Ivy
    Everly
    Beatrix
    Primrose
    Bowen
    Juniper
    Marigold
    Rayne
    Snow
    Maple
    Leonie
    Delphi
    Sylvie

Any thoughts on the above list or other suggestions?

I really like Antonia Leonie. I like the repeating long o sounds.

I had Antonia Celeste on my list many moons ago. I like the meaning there... Priceless heavenly one.
    Zoe Milena
    9/12/14

Oh my, Antonia is so gorgeous. I love Eloise, but I personally would avoid a mn starting w/ a vowel for flow.

I love Antonia Pearl, Antonia Beatrix, Antonia Primrose, Antonia Juniper, Antonia Marigold and Antonia Snow! <SWOON> :-)

Velvet -I know I previously said that Antonia was a bit down our list due to middle name issues but since we had that conversation it has moved up. Our previous front runner had been Augusta (followed by Theodosia and distantly Phillipa or Octavia) but the nicknames don't work as well for us with Augusta so Antonia is our front runner now, too. What are the chances we'd both use it and be due on the same day?? We won't know whether it is a boy or girl, so it's only 50/50 for us whether it'll be our name in November.

Family meaning is everything to me - so I would choose the one that has the most meaning or balances honouring around the family. Your options are all lovely in their own right. It depends on the feeling you are going for and the family name. For us, we need a long, formal name that represents a confluence of interests between my husband's significant German heritage and well know family history and titles along with being useable and not too fussy in Canada with my very English/East Coast (don't speak a work of German) family. That's why we gravitated to latin names with a pan-European feeling and a short, easy nickname like our daughter, Bened1kte Ev@ Nich0la, called Bea.

What feeling are you trying to evoke? Does Antonia honour one side, in particular (it is a very heavy honorific on both sides for us). Tell me more!

I agree with kkrvf, I would choose the mn with the most personal/family significance to me (so long as it didn't create a true issue - e.g. PIG initials or something). You say your top choice is Eloise - Antonia Eloise is lovely.