Names Searched Right Now:

Anglicizing "Airmid"

Airmid, in Irish mythology, was a healing goddess, one of the Tuatha Dé Danann. With her father, Dian Cecht, and brother, Miach, she healed those injured in the Second Battle of Magh Tuiredh.
    As beautiful a name as Airmid is in its original form, I really need help anglicizing it, similar to how Brighid becomes Bridget(te).

Any suggestions?

How do you pronounce it? Looking online I've found several options, from "ahr-midge" to "ehr-he-me".

Anyways, Airmid doesn't seem to have a standard anglicised form (or to be common in Ireland).
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

I'm also unsure of the pronunciation - I've never heard of this name before. I love the connection to Irish mythology however.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    [CENTER]~Ebony~
    ----------------------------
    [COLOR="#66cc33"]Ignatius - Jasper - Hugo - Edmund - Henry - Oliver - Rupert - Felix - Percy - August - Atticus - Amias - Otto - Barnaby - Arthur - Ezra - Hector - Charles[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="#cc99cc"]Antigone - Hermione - Harriet - Cordelia - Violet - Persephone - Beatrice/Beatrix - Clementine - Ottilie - Florence - Octavia - Drusilla - Agnes - Ida - Matilda - Xanthe[/COLOR]

[/CENTER]
    [SIZE=1]Previously ebonyeden[/SIZE]

[RIGHT][SIZE=1]avatar is my 8th great grandmother.[/SIZE][/RIGHT][/font]

EDIT::

http://www.forvo.com/word/ean%C3%A1ir/#ga

Here, the word January is being pronounced in Gaelic. The 'air' ending is apparently 'arr'

http://www.forvo.com/word/hugh_mc_diarmid/#en < That's how you say the 'mid' part. Kind of like a smoosh of 'met/mut/mot'

Together these would make the pronunciation of Airmid = 'arr-met'. Therefore, Armet/Ahmet/Aremet would mostly likely be the closest you could write Airmid in English.
    Last edited by renrose; July 3rd, 2013 at 10:05 AM.
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

I second Renrose suggestion, Armet/Aremet would be your best bet
    Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot