Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I agree with you; the brand name connection is too strong. Mabel or even Maybelle is fine in my opinion (I'm a big Mabel fan), but I'm not a big May Beline fan. Beline just doesn't seem like a great name, and the name still sounds the same. I'd either use Mabel/Maybelle or choose another French name.

Sorry, but I can count the number of times I've worn makeup on one hand and literally do not know how to apply it, and I STILL thought of the brand. I'm not even sure how the brand name is spelled.

But I don't think sharing a name with a makeup brand is that bad. Unless guess if it's known as a not-so-great brand it's worse. That being said, if Azalea or Cordelia became a brand name I would still use them... I think it's usable but I understand why some people would be uncomfortable with it.
    ~Love names, literature, royals and horses~ <3

Favourite names:
    Girls: Azalea, Cordelia, Elizabeth, Rosalind, Portia, Felicity, Juliet, Scarlett
    Boys: Fitzwilliam, Sebastian, Percival, Prospero, Orlando, Darcy

I really like the name Maybelline, but the connection is way too strong for me to ever choose to use it. I would go with Maybelle and use Maybe or Maybellene as a nickname. I know it seems strange to a lot of people to have a nickname longer than the original, but that's how it's done in a lot of different languages, you add a diminutive ending to the name.

What about something along the lines of Mabel Aline? You could call her Maybelline/Maybellene at home, and she could go by May/Maybe/Mabel to the real world...
    Ashley
    twenty-something namenerd and aspiring novelist

Isabelle Aurora Grace | Caleb Elias Joseph | Arianne Eleanor Daisy | Everett Joshua Charles
    Olivia Wren Camille | Jack August Wilder | Violet Ophelia Claire | Avery Ian George

When I named my daughter Maeby, one of my 8th grade students told me I should have named her Maybellene. Not my style though!
    Proud Mommy to Maeby Alana (8/6/10) and Saela Eliza (6/24/14)

Marlow Simone - Romy Corinne
    Zefram Eli - Miles Thatcher