Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Amaryllis nickname...?

Okay, so it is a matter of the distant future to name any children, but I adore the name Amaryllis. The meaning, flower association, and beautiful sound are flawless! I'm a sucker for nicknames though. Don't get me wrong, I love the name as a whole, but I think a beloved nickname is always handy. I originally had Amari or Mari as designated nickname, but have lately been searching for other options. Not a fan of Amy or Rylli, (sounds too much like really), or Mary. I like Liss and Lissy, but that also happens to be my occasional nickname. So I have two questions:

1. My latest idea is to use combo Amaryllis Kerensa and use the nickname Amzie. (Am from Amaryllis, the z sound from Kerensa). What do you think of this idea? Would Amzie work for just Amaryllis? I also thought if Amzie was too childlike in sound, she could go by Amari or Mari as a teen.

2. I need your creativity, berries! Any other great nicknames for Amaryllis? Can be a stretch, though not too far, obviously.

Thanks in advance!

Some pretty creative ones, since I'm almost stumped on nn's for this one!

Mary
    Amy
    Rill
    Lissa
    Lissy
    Marill

I'm not sure I dig the z sound idea, but I think Amzie is cute!
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine

Thanks! Unfortunately my favorite is Lissy, but that's also my occasional nickname, haha.

I have an Amaryllis in my classroom, but her parents always call her Lily, never by her full name. This may or may not be a stretch for you, but it has always made sense for her. I'm not a huge fan of Amzie, but I can see how it would be cute for a little kid. And if you like it, go for it. Good luck!
    Girls: Cordelia, Phoebe, Rose

Boys: Lucian, Alexander, Liam

@kathrynsarah thanks for the suggestion, I think Lily would be a feasible and lovely nickname.