Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I could see it following in Isla's footsteps, but I could also see it remaining fairly unused...it's really hard to say. I think it's a beautiful name with a lovely meaning and history, and I don't think it will ever be the next Sophia/Isabella (though you never know, I guess, but I'd be shocked)...I wouldn't let possible future popularity deter you. A celebrity could use one of your other choices and suddenly put it into the spotlight, you never know. Imogen is likely to gain popularity in the states, but I doubt it will be enough to take the magic away or effect your daughter's life significantly.

Other names that come to mind when I see Imogen, Vitalia, and Laurel are...
    Lark
    Ingrid
    Eulalia/Eulalie
    Eudora
    Illyria
    Verity
    Lorelei
    Muriel
    Daphne
    Thistle
    Olympia
    Guinevere
    Ophelia
    Vesper
    Hyacinth
    Lettice
    Honoria/Honora
    Rowena
    Esther
    Amabel/Mabel
    Valeria
    Sibylla/Sybil

Vitamom, I have the same concern, so I'm very eager to read other answers.

I plan to use Imogen (also in US) though I do expect it to climb in popularity. This makes me nervous, but it's not enough to deter me. I don't think it can fairly be called "trendy" because it's an old Shakespearean name, not a flash-in-the-pan name. Then again, Isabella has rich history too. I mentioned my love of Ims to someone recently and she said, "Too bad it's so so trendy in England and Australia." I was miffed. I almost replied, "Too bad you feel the need to point out flaws in other people's beloved baby names unsolicited, little miss perfect."
    I pronounce it "IM-uh-jin" not "Imogene." The "jin" part is more of an upside-down e, but I can't find that character on my iPhone. It may get mispronounced. Doesn't phase me. Fabulous name.
    Last edited by emmabobemma; July 2nd, 2013 at 11:24 PM.

I don't see Imogen getting popular in the US. It's not a liquid name. I pronounce it "ih-muh-jin."
    ♂ | Samuel ◊ Edward ◊ George ◊ Arthur ◊ Ezra ◊ Dean ◊ Micah ◊ Gideon ◊ Tobias ◊ Jasper
    ♀ | Helen ◊ Cora ◊ Anne ◊ Jane ◊ Edith ◊ Georgia ◊ Gwen ◊ Catherine ◊ Lydia ◊ Phoebe

I'm in Australia and its becoming very popular here again.. Not sure if it will take off that big in the states

Nah, it's too out there for your typical parents most of the time, maybe even for hipster parents. I think it might be the pn issue, I mean I'm not even sure where the stress on the name is (I-mogen? i-MO-gen?)
    I prefer Ingrid to Imogen, in my mind they're practically the same name, only Ingrid is much easier to say. I knew an ingrid once, she was nice...
    XOXO Whillemina
    Crazy and Happy Name-Obsessed Teen
    Faves
    Kirrily, Rosalind, Tamsin, Josephine