Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Sunscreen for your Little One

My family is taking our first trip to the beach this summer and I have no idea what kind of sunscreen I should get for my son, Samuel. Since he was born I've used baby sunscreen but now that he's 3 I feel I should use one made for kids. One that's more durable in the water.

So my question is what brand of sunscreen do you get for your children or have found works best? I know his skin is still delicate and I don't want him getting burned.

Thanks in advance!
    Mommy to: Samuel Elliot ~5/4/10~
    Lydia Jane ~9/15/13~

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...kids/index.htm
    Good sunscreen tips here

I use Alba Botanica or Neutrogena brands on my girls just because we generally use those two brands for other skincare products and I'm a brand-loyal type person
    Wife to one great guy
    Mama to six pretty ladies: Scarlett (12), Penelope (9), Alice (3), Fiona (3), Lucille (16 mo.) & Coraline (16 mo.)

& 4 angels gone before us: Christian (7 wks), Amos (6 wks), Naomi (16.5 wks), & Hosanna (6 wks)

~We fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.~

My personal favorite is Badger. It has very high water resistant ratings, plus it's natural and biodegradable (and it makes for an awesome diaper rash cream :-)

Edit: remember that all sunscreens will need to be reapplied every so often, no matter what they say about how water proof they are.
    Last edited by whit32; July 3rd, 2013 at 12:58 AM.
    Wife to Jordan.
    Mommy to Everett Callan, born 2010 and Callie Sage Eilonwy, born 2013
    and 2 fur babies: a male standard poodle named Shasta, and a female Australian shepherd named Scout.

If you have any questions about PCOS, infertility, ectopic pregnancy, or Cystic Fibrosis testing, please feel free to message me

Nivea & Neutrogena is a good brand for children but since he's so little you might want to get a more expensive brand from a pharmacy.

Just remember to use the highest SPF available, reaply it often (especially after they come out of the water) and don't take the kid to the beach between 11—4!
    Arabella, Thibault, Sophia, Alfred, Eleanor, Rémi, Charlotte, Achille, Olivia, Clement, Elizabeth, Frederick, Maud, Benedict, Adèle.

We use the Neurtogena sunscreen on all four boys and it works pretty well. Just remember to apply often!
    Jamie

Mama to:
    Everett Jay (03/04)
    Atticus Reid (10/05)
    Declan Samuel (08/07)
    Milo Patrick (02/09)
    Flynn Alexander (12/13)