Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Gaby or Gretel. both strong names for strong females.

Mallory means unlucky, and I feel this would fit her very well if you want slightly tragic.

Georgiana
    Susan
    Evelyn
    beverly
    Beatrice
    Francine
    Maureen
    Diana
    Penelope
    Priscilla
    Quincey
    Valerie
    Victoria
    I'm not feeling incredibly profound at the moment. Check back later.

I agree that Mallory would be a good name. Lucille is close to Lucy, but doesn't describe your character well, at least not in my mind. Some names I think of that fit your character:
    Poppy
    Mae
    Gabrielle
    Haley
    Jenna
    “I read books when I was a kid, lots of books. Books always seemed like magic to me. They took you to the most amazing places. When I got older, I realized I couldn't find books that took me to all the places I wanted to go. To go to those places, I had to write some books myself.”
    ― Pat Murphy, The Wild Girls

"Like everyone else, I am going to die. But the words – the words live on..."
    ― J. Michael Straczynski

I, too, like Mallory, especially if you're going for something a bit tragic.

Other ideas:

Caroline
    Ingrid
    Deirdre
    Cassandra (nn Cassie)
    Faye
    Josephine (nn Josie)
    Susannah
    Nina

I don't suppose Desdemona is an option?

Anyway, I like Juliet - to me at least, it sounds spunky and femimine together. Also Hadley, Waverly, and Molly (Molly works an a nn for a variety of names, from Margret to Melania, at least in my mind). Speaking of which, how bout Melissa, nn Mel or Lissa?
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam