Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    @mythian: Family members being that negative about a name you love is always tough, it's happened to me too! Although I think that if it actually came down to it, she would feel pretty silly calling him Dan if everybody else was calling him Leo (although a kind of cool Daniel and the lion's den connotation).

Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore
    Catherine Violet

Quote Originally Posted by leahmarie512 View Post
    @smismar: I feel your sister's pain! For a long time I loved the name Keeley, but then married a man whose last name ends in "-ie." Terrible decision making on my part :P
    I also know a girl from college whose name was Jessica and got engaged to a man whose last name began with "Ca-" and she all of a sudden became panicked that people would start calling her "ca-ca" (she apparently thought we were still in first grade), so she all of a sudden started making people call her Jess!
    My name is Toni and I married a guy whose last name ends in -ney. My husband made a rule that we couldn't name any of our kids a name that ends in the -ee sound.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman
    Other favorites:
    Ladies: Fiala Joan · Alma · Miriam · Claudia · Tabitha · Helena · Linnea · Vivian
    Gents: Jasper Simon · Arthur · Simon · Desmond · Theodore · Malcolm
    · Dexter · Phillip
    Guilty Pleasures: Lyric · Echo · Hero · Juno/Juniper · Lark · Wren · Zephyr · Vesper
    · Loki · Kyrie

Quote Originally Posted by leahmarie512 View Post
    @mythian: Family members being that negative about a name you love is always tough, it's happened to me too! Although I think that if it actually came down to it, she would feel pretty silly calling him Dan if everybody else was calling him Leo (although a kind of cool Daniel and the lion's den connotation).
    Leahmarie, I love the Daniel and the lion's den connotation. It wasn't intentional, but I like that it turned out that way. I'm sure if we do decide to go with Leo that my mom will eventually get over/used to it. I did make it a point to tell her when we had that conversation and she voiced her dislike for the name that she named her children (my brother and me) and that I get to name mine. I thought that it was important to get that point across. I truly don't think she was trying to be mean or hurt my feelings intentionally. She was just very opinionated about it. lol

@smismar: We need to rename our husbands. Maybe we can start a club

@ mythian: The Daniel and the lion's den thing makes it even more of a strong name! Yeah, sometimes when my sister tells me she doesn't really like one of the names that I do (not in a mean-spirited way, either), I just tell her that she gets to name her kids and I get to name mine. Although I do think that the names she's chosen are really cute: Lucy and William nn Liam.

Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore
    Catherine Violet

Mostly by my mother...
    Salem- For a boy???
    Vesper- Ew. Sounds like a fungal disease. I've got vesper growing on my feet.
    Desmond- With something like Desi for a nickname, right? Yuck.
    Leonie- That reminds me of something...bad. I don't know what though.
    Nicola- Why the "a"? Just stick with Nicole.
    Ozias- o.o

I'd still use any of these though, despite what she's said.