Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    My Dad & his wife got a mule named Alex...which destroys most of my favorite boy & girl names.

Oh, a lot! For example, our dialog from the pregnancy times(kind of):
    Me: - J, dear, what do you think of the name Amandine for our girly?
    SO: - This name reminds me of Amanda [Surname]. You know, that horny woman.
    Me: - Well, how do you feel about Cosima then?
    SO: - *clarifies the spelling and the pronounciation*Like my ex-girlfriend with Co- in the beginning? You really think I can name my precious daughter after her?
    Me: - Not after her! She doesn't own the name and, moreover, it's Cosima, not Sima. If you don't like it then suggest some other names!
    SO: - I like Elizaveta. Polyhymnia, Mildred or Zinaida will be cute.
    That being said, Elizaveta and Mildred are the names of his very close leaving relatives, Polyhymnia was a joke and Zinaida is from the book he was reading. He suggests either spelling-disaster names or the names of his friends/family members.
    And it's nearly impossible to find the name that don't make him think of his ex-girlfriend or ex-celeb crushes. That's why Fenella, Violet, Scarlett, Asher and many others were out.
    But on the positive side, a lot of my relatives use exclusively Ukrainian names like Darina and Oleksander that we never consider so they don't ruin any names for us.
    Victoria

Each magician has his own power sign...
    * Hector & Leontine
    ♈ ♉ ♊ ♋ ♌ ♍ ♎ ♏ ♐ ♑ ♒ ♓ are under transformation into heroes and queens!

One of my friends told me she likes Ophelia, but her husband was convinced boys would chase little Ophelia around the playground yelling, "Oh, feel ya!" It was never a contender for me anyway, but now I can't hear the name without thinking "feel ya".

I suspect my husband is going to make naming difficult anyway. The other day, I suggested Alice for a future daughter, only to be met with, "Like Alice Cooper?? Or that creepy movie?" I'm not letting aging rock stars define my kids' name choices! (BTW "that creepy movie" = Alice in Wonderland. Sigh....)

Other than that, no family members have ruined names, unless you count my cousin having a very unexpected third child and using Nicholas, one of my all-time favourites (though she didn't know that).
    Estella ~ Helena ~ Miriam ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Ivy ~ Marilla ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

Trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

@leahmarie512 It is here in Australia I'm afraid

My sister and mums the name ruiner I love Alice but mum thinks its a grandma name and my sister can't pronounce Eamon correctly she always says it ee-mon not ay-mon but I love Eamon so its staying on my list.
    Last edited by ebenezer.scrouge; July 4th, 2013 at 12:39 AM.
    〜Ebs〜
    Isobel*Eloise*Matilda*Alice*Eleanor*Amelia*Elena* Mirabel* Felicity* Phoebe*Tallaulah*Eilidh*Rosalia*Roisin*Azalea*Elsa *
    Eamon*Tiago*Cooper*Jack*Jago*Flynn*Archer*Lincoln* Asher*Alfie*Taylor* Finnian* Baxter* Lawson*Jasper*Deacon*Lewis*
    babynameobsessed.wordpress.com

Oh, gosh. I hate to admit that i am the horrible person who does this to other people. My sister asked how i felt about the name McCall, and i immediately began imitating a crow cawing, and said "like Ma-call, ma-call?"

Pretty sure i ruined that one for her.
    I hope to be a mom one day. For now I enjoy being a name lover.

My apologies for any typos; i post from my mobile phone.