Names Searched Right Now:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    @rkrd: Maybe you can convince your dad to change his mule's name before you start naming kids! Alex doesn't sound like a mule-ish name to me at all

@mclevine: Luckily we're not big fans of any of each other's ex's names, so that's not a problem for us. Maybe if you convince him for a while that you're seriously considering his ex's name, ones that seem vaguely similar won't seem so bad

@maggie from canada: Not gonna lie, I totally thought Alice in Wonderland was a creepy looking movie too!

@ebenezer.scrouge: Eamon is a pretty cool name, IMO.

@ameliawilliams: That is hilarious, and competely something that my husband would do. Even when I'm mad at him for ruining names, sometimes I can't help laughing at it.

Mama to Quentin Charles, born July 4!

Russell Theodore || ??
    Catherine Violet || Ava Kathleen

@circus85: It's crazy how the littlest things can sometimes ruin names

@jennifer94: When I have kids, I'm not planning on telling anyone other than immediate family members our name choices for that reason!

@elliebean13: Mishearings are the worst, haha

@thefuturemrsb: Don't you hate it when people are so strongly against a name and don't even give a reason for their dislike?

@feberin: That would definitely ruin a name completely

Russell Theodore || ??

I did this to my sister, but honestly I did her a favor.

She really loved the names Bronwynn or Wynne... I had to remind her that her last name starts with Win---. Yeah, not so good.
    Mom to Sylvia Caron and Linus Roman

@smismar: I feel your sister's pain! For a long time I loved the name Keeley, but then married a man whose last name ends in "-ie." Terrible decision making on my part :P
    I also know a girl from college whose name was Jessica and got engaged to a man whose last name began with "Ca-" and she all of a sudden became panicked that people would start calling her "ca-ca" (she apparently thought we were still in first grade), so she all of a sudden started making people call her Jess!

Russell Theodore || ??

I don't have any children just yet, but I've always loved names, ever since I was a little girl. I can remember going into the family office/computer room and pulling out my mom's baby name book and just sitting for hours reading through the different names and meanings and origins.

With regard to family members or friends ruining names for me, yes, it has happened. A few months ago I was talking with my mother and we started talking about names, as we sometimes do. She's always supported my love of names and name origins and such. Anywho. I mentioned the name Leo, which I have fallen in love with. You would have thought I had told her I was going to name my future son Shamallamadingdong or something. She said she didn't like it at all, made fun of it, and then said she wasn't going to call him by that name and that she'd use the middle name instead, which is going to be my husband's first name (Daniel) since it's a tradition on his side of the family for the son to have the father's first name as his middle name. I was positively heartbroken. Granted, Leo is a bit more unusual, but it's nothing extreme, at least in my opinion. I love the name. It's simple, a bit unique but not exceedingly so, and the meaning "lion" really speaks to me because lions have always been one of my favorite animals. Needless to say, I have avoided talking names with her since then. It's funny, though, because she adores the name I will most definitely use for a future daughter: Avalon.