Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsavvy View Post
    My dr mentioned a vaginal probe and pap smear are these painful? not even quite sure what they entail.
    I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you've never had a pap smear before?

I didnt have a pap smear until I was 22 and married ttc, so you are NOT alone! I was a rape victim as a child and avoided ALL physical exams until 22. I decided to go to a midwife instead of clinical ob/gyn. Fully certified, but less WHITE and SCARY environment. I'd always thought the pap would be terrible, but midwives use soft swab instead of the plastic fork looking thing my old doctor wanted to use, so I knew I was safe and my pap was more comfortable than otherwise would have been. Good luck and look into midwives, you will not regret it!
    Favorite Names
    Ford Finnegan - Alethea Justine - Petra Primrose

Quote Originally Posted by pansy View Post
    I'm a bit confused. Are you saying that you've never had a pap smear before?
    She's only nineteen isn't she? We don't have them until twenty five over here.

But yeah, Bostonsavvy, they're uncomfortable but not painful. I will admit I cried my eyes out though and my mum had to hold my hand! Lol.
    Last edited by renrose; July 2nd, 2013 at 08:10 PM.
    ~Boys~

★ August Eli Benedict ★ Bram ★ Casimir Mordecai ★ Edmond John Meirion ★ Gillon ★
    ★ Jory Leander ★ Julian Charles ★ Macsen ★ Vasiliy ★

~Girls~

★ Aira Rose ★ Arietta ★ Clover ★ Delphina ★ Eleni ★ Fiorella ★ Hester Isobel ★
    ★ Iris ★ Lilah ★ Merit ★ Sylvia ★

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

Thank you to those of you that have very helpful things to say! good to know it is just discomfort and not pain!

Pansy, no I have not. It really not that big of a deal.

Sarahmezz- yes, I know I can post there as well. I just don't want to hijack the post, and since I had a lot of questions I figured I would ask them in a separate thread. On such large threads things can get lost a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsavvy View Post
    Thank you to those of you that have very helpful things to say! good to know it is just discomfort and not pain!

Pansy, no I have not. It really not that big of a deal.

Sarahmezz- yes, I know I can post there as well. I just don't want to hijack the post, and since I had a lot of questions I figured I would ask them in a separate thread. On such large threads things can get lost a little easier.
    Okay, see, here is where my confusion stems from because in another thread you said that you had been on birth control in the past but that it made you ill. The thing is, you can't get a birth control prescription unless you get a pap smear first. I know because I had to take birth control for several years before I became sexually active (starting when I was in high school) because my period was irregular. Every time I wanted to get my prescription re-newed, the doctor had to perform a pap smear first (and I saw more than one different doctor during this time period, so it wasn't just one particular doctor's requirement). So I'm curious how you were able to get a birth control prescription without ever having a pap smear.