Names Searched Right Now:
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Yes I was on birth control, my doctor prescribed it! But they did not have me get a Pap smear. So it is not mandatory for everyone I guess. They said I wouldn't need one for a few more years.

@Pansy, I was on the Pill for years due to PCOS, and I didn't have to have a pap smear until I was sexually active. Every time I went to the doctor, they would ask if I was having sex, and when I said no, they didn't do the pap.
    Miriam ~ Helena ~ Estella ~ Beatrice ~ Anastasia ~ Alice ~ Veronica ~ Sarah
    Paul ~ Wesley ~ Walter ~ Edmund ~ Isaac ~ Abram ~ Gabriel

(Still) trying for baby#1
    Avatar: Nathan Altman, Portrait of Anna Akhmatova

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsavvy View Post
    Yes I was on birth control, my doctor prescribed it! But they did not have me get a Pap smear. So it is not mandatory for everyone I guess. They said I wouldn't need one for a few more years.
    Well I guess the times are a changing because they used to recommend you get a pap smear once you became sexually active or once you were around 21 (I think. Can't remember the exact age). Anyway, as everyone else has already said, pap smears are uncomfortable but not painful and really, the whole thing is over very quickly. Basically, if you can handle having sex, then you can handle a pap smear.