Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HELP! Philomena, Margeurite, others?

I am having such a hard time choosing a name for this baby girl. Her sister's name is Elodie Wren, and I cannot find anything I like as much.

The names I do like, always seem to end in 'A' and our last name is 'Agresta' so they dont flow (I love Cressida and Freya for example).

I want like most people, different but not too different - & easy to pronounce.

Two names we have been considering are Philomena and Margeurite.

This site is my favorite name site, and people always seem to have such great suggestions.

Any ideas?

I really love Marguerite. But there are lots of nice, not too common names that don't end in 'a':

Juliet
    Cecily
    Simone
    Sidonie
    Sabine
    Esme
    Sylvie
    Noemi
    Amelie
    Amabel
    Mirabel
    Marisol
    Giselle
    Corinne
    Selene
    Camille
    ?
    Last edited by emsky; July 2nd, 2013 at 10:37 AM.

I vote for Marguerite too. Elodie & Marguerite are lovely together. Does little Elodie usually go by a nn? Do you have any middle names in mind? Do you want another French name? Marguerite fits the bill if you want to keep a French theme.
    pp's list include quite a few French names or how about:
    Jonquil
    Celeste
    Vivienne
    Annabelle
    Carolyn or Caroline
    Emmeline (or do you want to stay away from E names this time?)
    Eleanor
    Genevieve
    I hope this helps!
    Mommy to John Alexander & 3 furbabies; Maggie the dog, Rex & Bella the wannabe lions

Current favourites: girls -Eliana [Bronwen, Joy, Claire, Irene], Leora [Irene, Bronwen, Bronwyn], Sarah Elise, Anna Charlotte, Adelaide, Phoebe, Kathryn, Elizabeth, Anastasia, Celeste, Astrid, Beatrix, Lucy
    boys: Callum, Arthur [Paul or William], Nathaniel, Samuel, Zachary, Elijah

Considering:
    Jane✨Fiona✨Thea✨Alice✨Evangeline✨Bridget
    Oren✨Lars✨Bram✨Griffin✨Jude✨Nolan

Thanks, I love some of the choices - Noemi for example - love it. Also, Tamsin and Giselle. Wynne would make a great middle name. Elodie, unexpectedly became "Deedee" as a baby, because my son is 3 and everyone's name becomes two syllable ie Grandma = Gigi, Colton - Coco. Now that she is two however, its starting to fade away (thankfully as I a not a fan of it for an older girl!). If you ask her what her name is now, she emphatically says 'El-da-dee'. So, as she gets bigger and goes to school I think she will just be 'Elodie'. People dont seem to want to attach a nickname to it.