Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

23 28.75%
  • Yes

57 71.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Too close?

Honestly, although Elowen is beautiful, it's too close to Rowan for comfort. If you like nicknames, you can use one for Elowen of the girls. For example, Lo and Rowan or Winnie and Rowan are just fine for siblings.

I think Rowan and Elowen would be smashing together! If you were planning on having more children it would be painting yourself into a corner, but you're not, so who cares? Besides, they last syllable is pronounced differently: ro-UHN and eh-LOH-en. I like the (rather subtle) tree connection as well.
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype][CENTER]My darling Marian Illyria Aphrodite, March 2013 & Little Bunny (a girl!) due 9th of February 2014[/CENTER][/FONT]

I don't think they're too close, I think they'd make a great sibset! They are different enough in pronunciation that I don't think you would have a lot of mix ups or confusion, and the tree meanings are a subtle but sweet connection.

They're close but it works.
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

It definitely seems like more people are saying Yes than No...

@ottilie, I worry that because you are English, you might enunciate the names more clearly than Americans would. People have a habit of syllables running into each other and almost slurring the name, especially in the South.

I guess it's probably not a good idea... I see too much confusion happening.
    My cherished daughter, Rowan Jane. ~b. 10/2011~

Sawyer ~ Aven ~ Elowen ~ Sage ~ Eilonwy ~ Eleanor
    Morgan ~ Asher ~ ___ ~ ___ ~ Currently trying to fill the blanks...

Trying for #2 in January 2014.