Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsweater View Post
    Oh I used to love the name Gwyneth until that insipid, goopster, self-indulgent bore, Gwyneth Paltrow made it impossible for me to even hear the name. Go with Guinevere. So much prettier.
    Haha. I do agree that Guinevere is prettier. But Gwyneth can hopefully be reclaimed!
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

Wow, thanks everyone! Like I said before, I definitely prefer Gwyneth, but prefer the nickname Gwen. I think mostly because that's what's known in the states. It might give her more of a headache if her nickname was Gwyn vs. Gwen. I don't know. We still have time to decide, though.

As for Gwendolyn/Gwendolen, it's a little too frou frou for me. And I don't find Guinevere attractive at all, sorry! Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't even hit my radar so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Thanks again, everyone!
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan James (Dex). Griffin James (Finn). Euan James. Graham Jameson. August James (Gus). John Jameson (Johnny). Wesley James (Wes).

Gwyneth Eliza (Gwen). Elise Hannah. Lucy Johanna. Josephine Maeve (Josie). Bronwen Elise (Bonnie). Eve Johanna (Evie). Bonnie Eliza.

Gwyneth Elise, for sure. Nora and Gwen is cute as a sibset!

My preference is Gwyneth for full version, and while I prefer Elise as a middle (prettier), I like Eloise or Elsie even better.

I like the spelling "Gwyneth" spelling. Looks less fussy to me. Plus, I think for most people that would be the most natural way to spell it when they hear the name. I think Gwyneth Elise is lovely (even though I have a feeling that Elise will be the next popular "filler" middle name).

I love the name Gwyneth even though there is the association with the actress. She's just one person.