Names Searched Right Now:
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsweater View Post
    Oh I used to love the name Gwyneth until that insipid, goopster, self-indulgent bore, Gwyneth Paltrow made it impossible for me to even hear the name. Go with Guinevere. So much prettier.
    Haha. I do agree that Guinevere is prettier. But Gwyneth can hopefully be reclaimed!
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

Wow, thanks everyone! Like I said before, I definitely prefer Gwyneth, but prefer the nickname Gwen. I think mostly because that's what's known in the states. It might give her more of a headache if her nickname was Gwyn vs. Gwen. I don't know. We still have time to decide, though.

As for Gwendolyn/Gwendolen, it's a little too frou frou for me. And I don't find Guinevere attractive at all, sorry! Gwyneth Paltrow doesn't even hit my radar so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Thanks again, everyone!
    Mom to Nora.

Current favorites:
    Declan (Decs/Dex). Miles (Milo). Dean. Euan. Ronan. Dexter (Dex). John (Johnny). Max. Griffin/Finn. Reid.

Gwyneth (Gwen). Elise. Bronwen (Bonnie). Mary. Piper. Josephine (Josie). Iris. Margot. Sylvie. Edith (Edie).

Gwyneth Elise, for sure. Nora and Gwen is cute as a sibset!

My preference is Gwyneth for full version, and while I prefer Elise as a middle (prettier), I like Eloise or Elsie even better.

I like the spelling "Gwyneth" spelling. Looks less fussy to me. Plus, I think for most people that would be the most natural way to spell it when they hear the name. I think Gwyneth Elise is lovely (even though I have a feeling that Elise will be the next popular "filler" middle name).

I love the name Gwyneth even though there is the association with the actress. She's just one person.