Names Searched Right Now:
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    I would do Gwyneth nn Gwen and I love Gwen as a sister to Nora! Gwyneth Elise is beautiful but I find myself having to pause so I don't say Gwyneth Elith with a lisp, you know? For that reason, I might choose Gwyneth Eliza.

My Gwen is a Gwendolyn and we just love her name. We call her both Gwen and Gwennie. I definitely recommend using Gwyneth/Gwen!

I pronounce Gwyneth as "Gwin-neth' so I wouldn't pick it if you want the nickname Gwen. Better to go for Gwendoline or just Gwen.

If you don't mind the nn Gwyn then go for it.
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

I have a little Gwyneth, so I obviously love it! I prefer Gwyneth Eliza, but that's just because Gwyneth Elise comes out a little lispy. We call our Gwyneth, Gwyn or Gwynnie. I have a friend that has a Gwenyth, nn Gwen. I think that works too, but if you want to go the traditional route then I'd stick with Gwyneth.

I had a really hard time deciding how to spell her nickname, and it still bugs me sometimes. I wanted to go with Gwen, but people seemed to get the spelling of Gwyneth confused when I did that. I've decided to go with Gwyn for the time being, but when she gets old enough to spell, I'll let her decide.

I love Gwyneth Elise. I think it's lovely. The actress Gwyneth Paltrow is referred to as Gwen, so I think it works as a nickname.
    -Athena

Top Girls: Under Construction

Top Boys: Under Construction

Oh I used to love the name Gwyneth until that insipid, goopster, self-indulgent bore, Gwyneth Paltrow made it impossible for me to even hear the name. Go with Guinevere. So much prettier.