Names Searched Right Now:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by oboeplayer1 View Post
    Yeah, I know it's repetitive. This may sound corny, but this character and her siblings were all born in national parks. They were named after the national parks themselves, and Denali's siblings are Katmai, Biscayne and Acadia. McKinley was for the mountain, and Denali was for the park.
    This is the sort of information that would have been helpful beforehand and we could have avoided pointing out something you already knew

Also, I can't actually work out what you're asking us to do. If the names fit the characters already then what's the issue? Is your question really: 'How well do you think these names fit together as a group of family members/school students/people from the same town?' I can answer something like that, but the question 'What do you think of these names?' makes me just want to answer:

"I dunno... they're names. Based on my own personal name style I like some and I don't like others."

Which, I imagine, is totally unhelpful to you!

Do you see what I mean?
    ~Boys~

Jory Leander Atticus, August Eli Benedict, Casimir Mordecai Stewart,
    Edmond John Meirion, Horatio Ethell Emery, Bram William Jasper,
    Julian Remy Charles, Vasiliy Lochlan Michael.

~Girls~

Aira Rose ___, Eleni Fiorella Charlotte, Sylvia Sayuri Noor,
    Merit Eleanora Adelaide, Clover Elodie Seraphine, Bridie Scarlett Viola,
    Marguerite Cecilia Iris, Eilidh Clara Valentine.

Sorry to anyone who read TSI. First draft was terrible. Second drafting now.

They're okay - like everyone else has said, they're a bit ordinary for my tastes, but they certainly sound nice. My favorite combinations would have to be Briony Rachael, Aurora Natalie, and Kieran James (LOVE that last one!)
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein.

14, writer (http://www.wattpad.com/user/arboretum), and obsessed with names since forever.

Plucky Heroines - Lyla, Waverly, Caroline, Lucy, Linnea, Early, Arielle, Ariadne, Felicity 'Fliss', Livienne, Ketura 'Kit', Laura
    Dashing Heroes - Waylon, Luca, Wilder,Stephen, Daniel, Lysander, Levi, Nathaniel, Adam

Quote Originally Posted by celianne View Post
    Ah, I see. I was gonna say... but still, to anyone who's lived in Alaska for more than, say, 6 months (I've been here over 8 years), the mountain isn't named McKinley. The mountain IS Denali, and so is the park. It actually is kind of offensive that the mountain is 'officially' called Mt. McKinley, and Alaska at large has been trying to fix this for a while. So unless her parents are ignorant of fairly basic local culture, the name is odd.

Anyway, when I was writing a little part the story, I was aware of this tidbit of information. I figured that her parents probably wouldn't know that, so that's how I named her. And anyway, I wasn't going to name her Denali Denali.
    ~Tali~

Girls: Ivy, Caroline, Bryony, Augusta, Idony, Adeline, Elizabeth, Sage, Delphine

Boys: Adrian, Halcyon, Everett, Nathaniel, Elliott, Brighton, Theodore, Levi, Camden