Names Searched Right Now:

Thread: Gianella

Hybrid View

Gianella

I recently came across the name Cézanne here on Nameberry and I love it!! I could actually see myself using this. I also have been in love with the name Gianella or either Giannella (jah-NELL-ah) and was wondering what others thought of the combination Giannella Cézanne or Gianella Cézanne.

Is there any other names that go good with either spelling of the above name?

I rather like this name. There's a reality star who has this as her birth name, but she goes by Gigi. It's also a lovely way to get Gia / Nell / Nellie / Nella.

I have a very dear friend named Janelle, so I have nothing but positive associations. It is very ITALIAN, but I think it is accessible through the nicknames.

Stylistically, I prefer the look of Gianella Cézanne. This is only because I don't like how -ann- is in both name in the other combo. Very lovely either way.
    "Don't try to be modern, it's the most old-fashioned thing there is," - Attilio, The Tiger and the Snow

Domenico/Dominic, Gianfranco/Gianpaolo, Giacomo, Antonio, Raphael, Calogero, Leopold, Angelo, Giorgio, Alban, Malachi, Dante, Mirek, Dario, Lionel, Asa
    Katarina/Caterina, Irena, Silvia, Aniela, Delfina, Raffaella, Apollonia, Cecilia, Pasqualina, Rosalind/Rosina, Josephine, Allegra, Alba, Leokadia, Annunziata, Bronya, Adrasteia, Vincenza, Althea, Eurydice, Regina, Mirella, Arianell

Quote Originally Posted by teacherma View Post
    Stylistically, I prefer the look of Gianella Cézanne. This is only because I don't like how -ann- is in both name in the other combo. Very lovely either way.
    I agree with this
    Current favourite girls names: Verity, Eden, Cliora, Antonia, Morwen, Catriona, Dervla, Colette, Sorcha, Tahlia, Lucina, Vita (as name or short for Victoria), Zabet (as name or short for Elizabeth), Nina, Kylara, Zelda, Sabine, Eliska, Zelina

Check out my fantasy/sci-fi girls names list, you'll be surprised how 'normal' they can be! http://nameberry.com/userlist/view/29858

Thank you for your input. I don't think I thought about it that way (referring to the two names having -ann in it if I used Giannella Cézanne.)