Names Searched Right Now:
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Cabbage Patch Kids

I was just posting about my doll names in another topic, and it made me think of these toys and the fact that they all had really unusual names (every one came with a birth certificate, so they were pre-named). At the time (1984), I remember thinking how ugly they were, but I bet they'll fit right in with current naming trends. I did some research, and apparently the guy who created them used a 1930s baby name book so that the names stood out from people he knew (so that explains it!).

I looked online but couldn't find a list anywhere of the names that were used, so (since I imagine many of us of childbearing age had these around that time!) I thought it might be fun to see if we could put one together here.

Mine was Shireen Moira (could have been worse!)

Re: Cabbage Patch Kids

I had quite a few, but for some reason the birth certificates always seemed to get thrown away. I had a mini one when I was two, named Gretchen, that I renamed Corinna. When I was five I asked for a singing one for Christmas and remember being sad that I got Lindsay, not Juliana on the commercial. It wasn't until I was older than I realized they all came with unique names.

Mine was/is Genny Agnes, I physically still have her. I neglected to file her papers, I was kind of old for this at the time, but my mom wanted to make sure I wasn't jealous because my sister got one. Her cabbage patch was Ailsa something. My mom also got someone to sew her a lookalike soft doll. I didn't get that. Anyway, I was kind of underwhelmed by the strangeness of a name like Genny. Ailsa was a household mystery - I think they settled on it being a misspelling of Alisa - another tame example.

Mine are Renata Lois and Prudence Marnie

Renata isn't too bad but i must have been cursed with the terrible names.

I tried looking online for Cabbage Patch Kids names from the 80's. I only found a couple. Genevieve Stacy, Lavinia Loretta, Alana Fayme, Cora Tay and Blythe Marcheline.