Names Searched Right Now:

Hybrid View

Gaven and Linden?

So I am totally in love with the names Gaven Andrew and Linden Aoife. I know that some people don't like to have matchy ("-en") endings for siblings, but that wasn't my intention, I just fell in love with the names separately and I'm not willing to give either of them up!

To make matters worse, I've also been liking the names Elowen Naimh (matches) and Malcolm David (doesn't match at all!) for additional siblings.

Would people really notice the matchy/lack of matchy names, and if so does anyone have suggestions for similar names that wouldn't be as matchy??

Thanks!

To be honest, I don't think it's too big of a deal. A few people might comment on it, but in the end, it really won't matter. What matters more is that you genuinely like the names. Btw, I LOVE your two girl names, especially with the Irish middles. If you're really worried, you could use the "en" names as middles, but I wouldn't do that if you really love them. I think Gaven, Linden, Malcolm, and Elowen make a good sibset.

Other suggestions to break up the "en"s:
    Lucas
    Conor
    Blake
    August
    Leo
    Liam
    Callum
    Micah
    Sean
    Elliot
    Caleb
    Garrett
    Oscar
    Rory

Fiona
    Alice
    Keira/Ciara
    Maeve
    Nora
    Chloe
    Isla

more ideas if you wanted to keep "en" or en sound (which I think actually could be good!)
    Ronan
    Calvin
    Ewan
    Nolan
    Griffin
    Tobin
    Corin
    Ian
    Rowan
    Brendan
    Finnegan
    Eoghan

Arden
    Marin
    Hollin
    Siobhan
    Cailin
    Erin
    Ladies:
    Catherine Lark ~ Elizabeth Gloria ~ Rosemary Elanor
    Lucy Magdalene ~ Sylvia Therese ~ Margaret Jane

Gentlemen:
    Timothy Lewis ~ William Augustine ~ Owen Benedict
    Harrison Peter ~ Calvin Anthony

Guilty Pleasures:
    Anthea Lark ~ Felix Bard ~ Primrose Lucy ~ Atticus John ~ Elanor Valentine
    Josie, Finn, & Pippa

The Gavin spelling looks nicer, especially with Linden. Gaven makes me want to say "gave-n", like gave something away or given with an "a".
    ** The opinions expressed above are not meant to be reflective of Nameberry as a whole but are my opinion and mine alone. **

Mommy to:
    Henry Nathaniel (3) and Julia Paige (1)

Current favorites:
    Bennett - Emmett - Felix - Oliver - Owen - Preston - Samuel
    Abigail - Claire - Clara - Hope - Lydia - Maude - Molly

sarahdoodle: Thank you, I love the Irish middles too! I like Conor a lot, but I have a cousin Connor. Also Blake, Garrett, Maeve, Rowan, Arden, and Marin! My husband actually has an ancestor Rowena, so Rowan might be nice. I also like the Roan spelling of Rowan, but I feel like people would pronounce it "rone" instead of "row-in." Thanks for the suggestions!

scarletrune: I know Gavin is the more traditional spelling, but for some reason it looks more feminine to me than Gaven does. Although I've never thought about people pronouncing it that way, so something to consider I guess. Thanks!